Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my MBP delivery is delayed, again ... the first ETA i was given was 12/23, then it got changed to 12/27 due to the holiday schedule, but no car today ... :(

this is what i got from the dealer:

apparently there was some type of mix up between acura and the dealership in which acura gave the dealership a VIN number (which was passed on to me) but that car somehow didn't arrive as planned, and a replacement car with the exact same color, model but different VIN number was delivered. is this possible? jamie? anyone from a dealership? so now the contract that i had signed with the old VIN is supposedly void and we'll have to do a new one, the ETA for the new car is 12/31. i don't think the dealer sold my vehicle to another person as this dealership has really good responses from this website, and has been really courteous and professional through out the order/purchase process. the dealership is about 100+ miles away from me and they have offered to put my mdx on a flatbed truck to delivery to my house when it arrives, and also throw in a couple of free accessories.

should i be concerned? the dealer tells me this type of mix up does happen but just not often. so there is a contract for the dealer to sell me the car with that old VIN, what happens to the car? is there a way to find out where it went? i'm just curious.

so, the wait continues ...

-henry

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
There might've been 1 or 2 similar instances of "misdirected" X's in the past. Few and far between but I do (vaguely) recall a couple of stories.

The good news (probably) is:

- Historically, when a dealer sells out from under you, the delay is continually quoted as "2 weeks or so; not here yet" rather than days.

- The fact that they offered to ship the X (I recommend against that - better to take delivery and inpect it on their lot) and toss in some accessories for your trouble also differs from the typical sell-out-from-under behavior.

You've only got a few days to wait...I think you'll be OK.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Patience. . . hummmmmmm!!!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
patience?! normally i would have it but "zafer" and "DRBOBVS" aren't helping with all their gorgeous pics of their MBP mdx!! :D

my MDX Anonymous club is closed for the holiday sessions ...

-henry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Henry. Sorry for the problem, but it does seem that the dealer is handling this in a very professional manner. I agree with The Worm. I think you should pickup the MDX at the dealership. Although I ship MDX's all over the U.S., I much prefer that my clients take delivery from me personally.
The VIN # problem is very rare, but does happen. We had 4 MDX's totaled in transit last month, and Acura immediately replaced them. These things happen, but fortunately not often. If you will give me the original VIN#, I'll see if I can find out what happened.
Congratulations on your soon to be delivered MDX.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the assurance guys. what should i worry about the dealership delivery to me? i figure if anything doesn't work, it'll be covered under warranty... if i do pick it up at the dealership, and something is wrong that can't be fixed right away then i'll have to make another trip to/from the dealership. i still have a few days to decide whether i'll be picking it up personally or not ...

hummmmmmm ..... :D

-henry

·
Registered
259 Posts
I feel for you, and I can completely understand. My X has been delayed 3 times already, and I am really running out of patience. This has got to be the worst car buying experience so far. :3:

2003 SS MDX - one day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts