Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curiuos to find out what condition other X's were in when they were delivered. Mine was kind of dirty inside and out. It had been washed but the roof had not. On the inside I pulled out 6 pieces of protective plastic that had been sheared off by who ever prepped but did not manage to get it all. In the cargo area I wiped my hand across the side wall and my hand was black from dust.

I think all my dealer did was drive it off the truck, yank off the plastic protectors, give it a quick rinse and some tire shine (The tires did look very nice I must admit!)

There are even dull spots on the paint where it looks like the clear coat has been rubbed off. I did not mention to our sales rep how unhappy I was with the delivery as my wife was so exstatic that it was finally here. The sales rep did notice the dull spots (after I pointed them out) and set us up with a service appointment.

The last several cars I bought came extremely detailed with Armor All and a wax job.

Are my expectations too high?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
No your expectations are not high for a 40k car they should clean it inside and out wax it up and down and all around! Take it back and tell them you are disappointed how it was when you took delivery. I took mine just to have the interior of the sunroof cleaned, it was overlooked because it was closed, they cleaned the whole car re-waxed the car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
when we took delivery of our X, it was clean and shiny inside and out, the only not-so-perfect part was the sunroof, which had greasy spots on the inside part.... the sales person did mention that he would clean it but we both forgot...

i acturally don't know whether our X had been waxed or not, it's hard to tell....

__________________-
2002 redrock pearl with touring, BSM, RMG, MRV and WL (i hate typing full names for these accessories everytime)

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
jj_mdx said:
the only not-so-perfect part was the sunroof, which had greasy spots on the inside part.... the sales person did mention that he would clean it but we both forgot...

This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I wonder wher that grease came from. The only thing I can even think it might have been is when it was being assemble that thats the lithium grease used for the mechanism of the sunroof.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Warzau said:

This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I wonder wher that grease came from. The only thing I can even think it might have been is when it was being assemble that thats the lithium grease used for the mechanism of the sunroof.

agree....

i've been keeping track of the moonroof, so far the greasy spots hasn't been reappearing, which is a good thing... :)

i'm also wondering whether the service dept of acura dealership will wax/wash your MDX if you take it to service there (like oilchange, etc.)... any thoughts on that?

thanks,

_________________-
2002 RedRock Pearl with touring, BSM, MRV, WL and RMG

·
Registered
143 Posts
jj_mdx said:

i'm also wondering whether the service dept of acura dealership will wax/wash your MDX if you take it to service there (like oilchange, etc.)... any thoughts on that?

QUOTE]

I'm sure that it varies from dealer to dealer but, I know that the one near me will wash the car every time they do any kind of service on a vehicle. I'm kinda doubtin' that any of them will wax a car but, who knows?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Im agree with charlieinnj it will depend on the dealer. The Honda Dealer I take my wifes Civic washes the car right before servicing and sometimes after. Details the wheels. rarely cleans inside. Sometimes they leave the paper mat they uses for serice.

I actually saw the dealer wash and wax my X. Maybe cause it was so new and maybe cause there was some big cheese there. ALL were wearing suit jackets, when normally they just have there dress shirts and tie and slacks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to call the sales rep later and let him know about my dis-satisfaction with the delivery prep.

Even my 2000 Dakota was spotless (washed and waxed) when I took delivery. We had taken the truck off road during the test drive and they had even cleaned the underside and up inside the rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Rob,

Call your sales rep.

My 'X was perfectly clean, when I pick up, from inside to outside.

My dealer mentions they will wash my X everytime I have it in for services, but they never tell me that they will wax it. I guess wax takes too much time to do. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wash

My dealer told me to bring it by anytime for a wash...good wash, tires, inside...no wax though.

Went back last week to pick up my plates and they gave a good cleaning.

I'll still have to do the good detailing and wax myself!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just spoke with our sales rep and he explained that their usual prepper was on vacation and to bring it in on Friday for a proper detail. They are also going to look at the dull areas on the paint.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
GREAT! Let us know when you get you X detailed, how it comes out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Much Better!

I got it back from the dealer this afternoon and it looks spectacular. It was vacuumed, wiped down, washed, and waxed. They were also able to buff out the blemishes on the fender and the lift gate. I'm a much happier Acura customer now!

The service dept was great. They had me in and out in less than 5 minutes and gave me a '00 Integra for the day.

Their policy is any time you come in for service you get a wash and a vacuum even if it's only to check the tire pressure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts