Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else have their windshield washers squirt only AFTER the wiper blades have started moving? I think normally it should wet the windshield right before the wipers start moving. It’s as if the washers aren’t “primed” with fluid. I now have to pull back on the windshield washer stalk and quickly release it several times to get fluid to squirt first before I pull it back and hold it for the wipers to start moving. I’m trying to avoid the blades from wiping while dry. If this has happened to anyone else I’m hoping there is a fix! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yea, mine does the same. I just keep the stalk held back and let it do its thing. I'd prefer if it squirted and delayed the wipers... But it doesn't... And I replace my blades annually, so I suppose it's not the end of the world.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
^ The 2G has a check valve on the rear wiper.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds like a personal problem. :)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The back wiper is really bad for this. I wonder if Acura never heard of a check valve?
Interestingly, my back window washer is quicker to work than my front window washer. Still a delay... But not as bad as the front.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Opposite for me.

Speaking of washers - who designed the logic for the headlamp washers? Drives me nuts - one time each driving cycle, if your headlights are on and you wash the windshield, the headlamp washers will activate. I guess this is OK (though I'd rather wash the headlights when I want using the manual activation button and not just because I'm washing the windshield), but it sprays once - in the meantime the windshield wipers have finished wiping the windshield, then the headlamp washer sprays again, leaving washer fluid overspray on the windshield necessitating a manual activation of the windshield wiper to clear off this overspray. Urgh...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has anyone else have their windshield washers squirt only AFTER the wiper blades have started moving? I think normally it should wet the windshield right before the wipers start moving. It’s as if the washers aren’t “primed” with fluid. I now have to pull back on the windshield washer stalk and quickly release it several times to get fluid to squirt first before I pull it back and hold it for the wipers to start moving. I’m trying to avoid the blades from wiping while dry. If this has happened to anyone else I’m hoping there is a fix! Thanks.
I had this issue and dealer replaced the washer pump, no problems since, works like intended when fluid sprays first and then wiper blades start moving.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Had the occasion to use the washers today. Water was as soon as I pulled the lever. As a matter of fact,sprayed the windshield and the wipers didn’t come on. I had to hold the lever a little longer.

Reactions: rcy

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Opposite for me.

Speaking of washers - who designed the logic for the headlamp washers? Drives me nuts - one time each driving cycle, if your headlights are on and you wash the windshield, the headlamp washers will activate. I guess this is OK (though I'd rather wash the headlights when I want using the manual activation button and not just because I'm washing the windshield), but it sprays once - in the meantime the windshield wipers have finished wiping the windshield, then the headlamp washer sprays again, leaving washer fluid overspray on the windshield necessitating a manual activation of the windshield wiper to clear off this overspray. Urgh...
First world problems. Do you ever tell your kids about the old days when you actually had to get out of the car to clean your headlights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts