Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 MDX SH-AWD Advance/Entertainment

When I accelerate from a complete stop, engine stalls a little when I step on the accelerator gradually. Is this car made to drive hard only?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
What mode are you in and what is your build date? If before 12/2015, did you get the transmission software update?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are you sure your not talking about the idle run stop feature in a advance model? There's a button on center console to stop or start the MDX while your at a stop light. Once you brake and come to a stop the engine shuts off. Then when you remove your foot the MDX starts back up. Very annoying feature..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's the automatic engine idle stop but often when I come to a complete stop, it displays "automatic engine idle stop unavailable". Does that mean it kicks in whenever it feels like it? I like the car but it's a very strange car thus far...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Maybe it's the automatic engine idle stop but often when I come to a complete stop, it displays "automatic engine idle stop unavailable". Does that mean it kicks in whenever it feels like it? I like the car but it's a very strange car thus far...
if it is the engine idle stop u should hear the engine starting again. If not I douBt that is it

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Normal driving mode. How do I find the built date and the software update status?
The build date can be found when you open the driver's side door, lower right side of the door frame at the bottom of the b-pillar there is a placard. The month/year will be shown. There is not really a way to tell if the update has been completed from our side. You will need to bring it to the dealer and show them the behavior and they may or may not apply the update to try and fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can sense it huh? ;-)

Sport mode, sport trans, and the most important part - turn off traction control.

There is a initial bite fromnthe traction control unit that will not light up the indicator.

Test this out by accelerating from a stop, with a few degrees of steering input as if you were making a turn on a corner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts