Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with the dealer last week and he said my July delivery is now more like May! Hope this is improving nationwide as well.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
STILL PROBLEMS IN NEW YORK

IT'S GETTING A LITTLE BETTER BECAUSE IF YOU WAIT 2-4 MONTHS YOU CAN GET AT MSRP. IN THE PAST WE COULKDN'T DO BETTER THAN 2000-3000 OVER MSRP AND FORCED OPTIONS ALSO. NEXT YEAR WHEN THE PILOT COMES OUT AND THE NEW FACTORY STARTS PRODUCING THING WILL GET A LITTLE MORE COMPETITIVE AND PRICES WILL GET BETTER!!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I agree the dealers I dealt with who wouldnt budge before on their "extra" now are calling me saying they can take a dep on a X with out any thing on them 3 dealers so far, maybe the supply is finalling catching up and the dealers know it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wait time must be getting less. Supply must be catching up. I placed an order on March 11 for a Black/Ebony Premium. On Friday, the salesman told me that my MDX would probably be at the dealer on Monday, March 25. Maybe I got lucky. I did call several dealers in the southeast to find the best deal and least wait time, though. MSRP with Acura Protection Package (wheel locks, rear splash guards, and cargo tray) thrown in. That's two weeks wait time and a few (admittedly very few and low cost) free options thrown in. That was unheard of a not very long ago.

BTW, this has been the longest weekend I can remember in some time!!!

Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
Under MSRP in KC??

I have a SS on order (ordered in Feb), delivery estimated in Late April from one of the Kansas City dealers. Price was MSRP, no forced options, and all assesories were at Acura website MSRP.

On a whim, I visited the other KC dealer only a few miles away this weekend, and asked them what their timing and availability was. After they found out I had a deposit down at the other site, they offered me $200 UNDER MSRP and said they would deal on the options! The salesman said they thought they could get me one in 30 days, and will confirm that on Monday. Now, I wonder if I can get my deposit back at the other site, or they will match the offer......

Another indication that things are looking up, at least for the 2002's.

:p

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems that Honda has finally been able to move all Odyssey production to Lincoln, Alabama and now MDX buyers can get better deals. I saw the online inventory of a dealer and they had 15 Odysseys in stock! Even Carsdirect's price (which is still pretty high) decreased to $1800 over MSRP, down from $2500 around a month ago.

Sincerely hoping for Honda President's promise of a 120,000 Pilots at launch,

-Soichiro :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts