Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order a 2002 Silver Touring non-nav in October and was quoted a build date on 11/19 (on the 186 model) on 12/10-12/14.

Spoke with dealer on 12/10 trying to get VIN. Was told no VIN yet. Spoke with dealer on 12/17 trying to get VIN. No VIN yet. Spoke with dealer on 12/19 trying to get VIN. Was told no VIN yet (even thought the car supposed to be produced by now).

Asked why, dealer said environmental problems with one of the plant's paint booths slowed production and therefore were behind production schedule. Production on 186 has now been delayed, but no further info. Furthermore, was told plant scheduled to shut down on 12/20 and re-open on 1/3, so no VIN or info until then.

Anyone confirm December production woes? I have the feeling I am being unfairly pushed into the January allocations under the guise of production troubles.

·
Registered
715 Posts
p911....wow, if true this could have serious repercussions for all those waiting.:( I hope this is just a rumor, or an excuse, not the real explanation!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Decemeber Delivery

I ordered my '02 MDX back in late September. In late November, I received a letter from my Dealer stating things looked good for a pre Christmas delivery (picked it up today). Early December they called and gave me a Dec 6 build date. Just last Monday they said the truck landed on their lot, installed my accessories on Tuesday and voila!!! Wednesday delivery. No problems here, I wouldn't believe a word those guys are telling you about production problems. By the way, there were about 5 other units at the lot getting ready for their new owners as well.

·
Registered
426 Posts
p911,
It's absolutely amazing the stories people come up with. That's one of the more creative excuses I have heard. My Silver 186's and 188's are coming in on time as are the rest on our allocation and most are coming in a few days early. If there was any truth to the environmental problems I'm sure we would have been told. Your salesperson/manager may have told you that based on what he was told, but I would guess it's pretty much BS. I've always let my managers know if they tell me something to tell a customer it better be right because I have no problem throwing them under the bus when the **** hits the fan.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
It's great to be able to count on Roger for the Acura Sales Myth Debunking!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Roger for your insight.

Is there any way I can confirm or deny what the dealer has told me? I have no foundation to challenge him further without concrete info.

He mentioned that he expects delivery around the Jan 10th. I am already expecting him to move the date in early January until the end of the month, coincidently after he receives his January allocations.

I don't mind the additonal wait in as much as the feeling I am being lied to. Any way to prove it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
P911
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing