Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you all so completely satisfied with yourselves that you are willing to lose potential customers with around and upwards of $40k to spend to people getting better deals out of state? Or are your salesmen so well off that they don't need our money? If that is the case, more power to you, but in the end, your lack of loyalty to your customers may work against you when you run into that cycle which all car companies will go through, and that will be the one when you are not the favorite. With the MDX you have managed to captivate an audience, one with the willingness and ability to buy your automobiles. In a few years this intelligent group may remember their experience not so favorably and maybe the replacement market available to you won't be as rich or discriminating and thoughtful, it's a risk.

Acura dealers in Northern IL, you may want to consider changing your attitude towards your current customers so that you may have repeat customers and business in the future when you don't have the greatest thing on the market!

And if you all don't want my 40 or so grand, I'm sure someone else will!:4:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
renov8tress,

I think you can duplicate your open letters to several regions. Most of Northern Calif can benefit from reading your letter.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
You tell em. . .

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Renov8tress:

___Having lived through the Northern Illinois Acura dealership nightmare myself, the only thing I can add is that “things are a changin” if that helps any … As far as the services offered by any of these dealerships (this includes Libertyville, Pauly, McGrath, Rohrman, or Mueller) I can only hope I will not have to visit them again and I can hope the X doesn’t either ;)

___Please do not forget to add the details of your X purchasing experiences so the rest know what to watch out for … or at least who to watch out for in the case of what I used to call “Highway Robbers” here in Northern Illinois.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I for one have nothing but good things to say for Continental Acura in Lisle. Technically that would be Western IL, not Northern...

Anyway, I have bought 2 vehicles from them and my immediate friends/family have purchased a total of 7 vehicles from them. Each has been treated fairly and the customer service is top notch. I just scheduled my 15K service there...$133.95 incl VTM. Very reasonable compared to the other threads on this board.

Just my .02 that not all dealerships have forgotten to take care of their customers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ditto your opinion of Continental Acura in Lisle, I have had nothing but good things to say about them,Especially KURTIS SMITH and the sevice personel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback

We are currently checking around Napleton (where a friend of mine bought hers (just Touring) and got a small discount), McGrath in Westmont (which is less than a mile from our house) Rizza in Orland and Continental. I like the idea of being able to run the car through the car wash whenever I feel like it, but heard Continental has Starbucks, too! and they aren't that far away. Napleton had an MBP Touring Nav w/DVD in their lot, but we do not want the DVD. We are still considering the Pilot somewhat. I saw an MBP on the road yesterday and it had the Acura and MDX plates in gold, but renov8r told me no bling bling. :(

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Please include dealers in the North East as well. I know a few dealers who have x's sitting in the lot but dont want to budge on price. i cant believe it. People are willing to spend their hard earned $$$ on these cars. their making enough of a profit with the 3% holdback let alone the losers that are charging over MSRP. Things are changing and it will only be a matter of time before you see $1,000 over invoice.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Smitman and Jatharp:

___I want to ask what Continental charged you for your X’s as well as the cost of any of the individual accessories? That is if you did not install any of the accessories yourself?

___Renov8tress, I picked up my X from Libertyville for $1500 under with (2) minor DIO’s pre-installed if that helps. I still don’t trust them given there handling of past X purchasers including myself. I can’t say much for the car wash given I would prefer they not touch it but in the middle of winter, if you need it, they offer it …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
DEALERS!!!:headshake Gotta hate em' huh??:14:

·
Registered
172 Posts
ecel
I paid list and purchased my options at their cost.---Running boards,mud guards, cargo net,rear curtain and side mldgs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
so far Libertyville was the worst of all the dealers i've tried in northern IL.

the first time i tried to buy a 2000 integra, they were condescending the way they treated us. the older salesman was arrogant, like saying if you can't afford go somewhere else.

Indeed I went to Pauly acura and got a nice experience

the following year I tried to trade my teg for the X, still the same experience in Libertyville. I was stupid enough to go back to that place. During this time they have this 2001 Touring with all the dealer installed accesories for 42K. They were taking advantage of the shortage then to the full advantage. The worse part was this MDX have like 10,000 miles on it.

If I would recommend a dealer it would be Pauly in Highland Park

·
Registered
335 Posts
jatharp said:
I ditto your opinion of Continental Acura in Lisle, I have had nothing but good things to say about them,Especially KURTIS SMITH and the sevice personel.
Yup, another vote for a good experience at Continental (Greg Pew). Did not try to push anything extra, helpful in ordering just want I wanted, cannot say enough good stuff... :D

...oh, and good service as well. Just brought my 'X in to have the camera fixed (cold weather problem), and was very happy with the folks there...:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts