Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before this winter I decided to remove the rust from my tail gate and both rear quarter panels. I cleaned the area with soap and water, ground down the rust to bear metal to get rid of the visible rust. After that I used naval jelly for a few minutes on the metal area, then I used primer and paint. The areas were small, though I wanted to get it, before it became more of a problem. I have done minor rust repair before, though I have never seen it come back this quickly.

I might have rushed it a little bit more than before as the wife wouldn't stop nagging me about how much longer it was going to take. I can attribute most of the problems with the quarter panels as I didn't remove the bumper. Though I thought I did a good job on the tail gate, though I am seeing rust spots on it.

I think I will give it another try this spring and take my time with it and remove the rear bumper. Is there anything I might have missed?

I would like to sell it within a year. I hate rust and I can't wait till I get an aluminum body vehicle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts