Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to throw something out in the air. What are some thoughts on having the ability to take your Acura to a Dealership, have a shuttle waiting and be taken to the airport for no cost to you? While you are away your car/suv could be serviced, cleaned or detailed. The reason I ask is because I work for Baranco Acura in Atlanta GA and I am trying to implement a plan like what was stated. I would really like thoughts and opinions on what everyone would want. YOUR OPINION MATTERS!!! :D
PHP:
[list]
[/list]

·
Registered
728 Posts
Airport Shuttle

Josh,

This sounds like a good idea and a good service point for a dealer to make with his customer. I can think of a few drawbacks you might want to consider while you are evaluating your plan.

When someone returns to the airport, how long do you have to wait for the shuttle to be picked up and returned to the dealership? Airline and airport delays can wreck havoc on any schedule that may be set. Atlanta traffic is also something to consider. I personally would not want to have to wait very long.

While your customer is out of town, what about any unforeseen "problems" or "repairs" that might have to be made while you have the MDX in for service. People out of town are a little harder to get hold of sometimes to get any additional work approved. Plus people might be somewhat leary of getting a call llike that anyway while out of town. They may figure it is just a ploy to drive up dealer profits and take advantage of the situation. You know, there are some unscrupulous dealers out there.

I know others will have other suggestions, but these are the 2 that came to mind immediately. BTW, are you a service writer/advisor at Baranco?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have always thought it was a great idea but how do you get your car back? Also most of my flights are for 2 or 3 days and I don't take my x to the airport parking lot. I have a clunker for that. Would a dealer want a customers car on their premise just sitting for that period of time?

Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
It sounds like a good idea. I recently went on a week-long business trip and the private off-site parking facility I used offered to do servicing. After checking out what they provided, had them change the oil and check fluids. It was great and saved me time when I got back. I should have had them detail it, but didn't want the expense at the time. Now I regret it. Oh well, next time.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
set up a POLL with a few choices and you will get better response.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Josh -

Sounds like a good idea. I am sure someone could leave you contact information in case additional services were needed - you could also set up an e-mail feature if that would be more convenient than trying to reach the customer by phone while they were out of town. Almost everyone checks e-mail while on business.

Not sure how to handle the returning home issue. As previously mentioned, airport delays or travel changes could make this challenging.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok everyone!! How about this..tell me if you would
1.) Want this Service and would choose a Dealer with this
2.) Think about it and maybe consider using
3.) Not care about it eighter way
4.) Think its a dumb idea

If you want you can email me also @ [email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Airport Service

This could be a great services, however there may be a problem with picking someone up. Often times my flight gets in at 11:00 PM and can be delayed even later than that. Would the shuttle still be available even though the dealer closed hours before? I think it would be very convenient but could have some logistical problems. Personally, I would use it particularly if they could change the oil and get the X detailed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have decided to hire a limo service to handle after hours pickup. However if the flight is delayed after hours..the client will have to pay for that service.

·
Registered
392 Posts
BarancoMdxJosh said:
We have decided to hire a limo service to handle after hours pickup. However if the flight is delayed after hours..the client will have to pay for that service.
It's more common to have a "shuttle" to home, or a train station, but this sounds like a real plus. However, I'd probably have even an unnecessary oil change or something done, just to avail of this nice free airport service, especially if I am going to be away a long while, sure cheaper than long term parking! So, while I'd love it, I think other services could have a similar if not bigger payback to your dealership and be less open to abusive use. My son bought his rsx from a dealership who had "new owner" parties, with refreshements and walk throughs on how to use your car, change a tire, etc. and little give aways. It sure impressed him! So, that is one suggestion, hope it helps. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts