Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you believe dealers are *still* charging big bucks over msrp with forced options? don't these supposedly "internet sales managers" know about websites like this and HAW? *sigh* :3:

------------------------------
Hi
At this time, we are in Junes production, which would give you an estimated late June/July Delivery. However, many of our customers have been flexible, allowing them to get into a new vehicle as early as 2-4 weeks, sometimes immediately.

The Acura MDX Touring Model is Fully Loaded Standard. The only available option is the Acura DVD-Based Satellite Linked Navigation System. This is only a $2,000 addition to the vehicles MSRP.

We currently have a Black Touring and Silver, Red and Black Touring with navigation available. These cars do go quickly, if one of these MDX s interest you please call me so that I can reserve one for you.
Here is your new Acura:

2002 Acura MDX Touring $37,780 MSRP
STD 4-wheel Drive with Variable Torque Management and Locking Differential
STD Acura Bose Music System with AM/FM Cassette, 6-disc in-dash CD changer and 8 speakers
STD Remote-linked driver's 8-way power seat with memory
STD Front passenger 8-way power seat
STD Remote-linked side-mirror memory with passenger's side reverse gear tilt-down feature
STD Roof Rack
STD Exclusive Wheel Design
STD Heated Front Seat
STD Power Door locks, Windows and Seats
STD Leather Interior
STD Fog Lights
STD 50/50 Split 3rd Row Seating
STD Power Moonroof with Tilt feature
STD Security System with Remote Entry and Immobilizer
STD Automatic Climate Control
STD Passenger Height and Position Sensors
STD Driverâ?Ts and Front Passenger Air Bag Supplemental Restraint System
STD Front Side Impact Airbags
â?¦ and more.
Accessory Package:
Fender Flares
Wood Steering Wheel
Wood Dash
Wood Knob
Wheel Locks
Cargo Cover
Rear Mud Gaurds
Side step or Running Boards

Touring: MSRP is 37,780 plus 3,885 (accessories)= 41,665 plus tax and license.
Touring w/ Navigation: MSRP is 39,780 plus 43,665 (accessories) = 43,665 plus tax and license.

Thank you again for your interest. We look forward to having you as a part of the Acura of Pleasanton Family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gotta great deal

One week ago we picked up a '02 RR Premium w/ roof racks, side steps, mud guards and wheel locks AT MSRP ($35,200). Initially they offered all the accessories for $646 - the price of the side steps. I told them I'd check with DA BOSS. An hour a later I get a call from the salesman saying they'll give all the accessories for free. I had to jump on that quick! Yes I got all accessories for free! They had the car on the lot on Memorial Day when we first went to look. It was still there on Wednesday when we signed on the dotted line. The dealer is at Virginia Beach Acura.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Shop around

Still look around, there are many dealer that will do better!! You have the upper hand, don't let them make you feel like they are in the drivers seat!!! There are many dealers that will work with you. There are also many people on this website that can direct you to a specific dealer with no forced options and MSRP!!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks paul123, i do know to shop around as i've been reading this website for over 6mo. just recently started to read the honda-pilot site and seeing lots of threads on dealers charging over msrp. i get weekly updates from some of the acura dealers in my area, and i'm just amazed that after 1.5yrs (?) of initial release that these dealers are still charging 3k+ of forced options on top of msrp ... i guess there must be buyers at this price though. :8:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
henry_atwork said:
thanks paul123, i do know to shop around as i've been reading this website for over 6mo. just recently started to read the honda-pilot site and seeing lots of threads on dealers charging over msrp. i get weekly updates from some of the acura dealers in my area, and i'm just amazed that after 1.5yrs (?) of initial release that these dealers are still charging 3k+ of forced options on top of msrp ... i guess there must be buyers at this price though. :8:
Until the plant in canada is dedicated to building the MDX, The demand exceeds the supply that why the dealer are trying to get the price. When I got my 2002 in November of 2001 I was forced to get at $1500 over MSRP at that time. It was either pay the price or walk. The dealer in Florida were at msrp, but by the time I got the SUV back up to New York it would of costed me $1500 in traveling expense, Trailer, or lost revenue from work. So I just paid the price at the time. Now things are getting better in sense you can acquire at MSRP with no forced options. At the time I purchased, I didn't have to have the dealer force the options because I wanted them all. I did relaize after that I could of saved a whole lot of money doing the add on's myself. But again at time of purchase my work didn't give me any time to do, so I paid thru my teeth on options. It's all a matter of supply and demand and also time to work yourself on the suv. The SUV is worth every penny IMHO. I shopped and compared to the best, and price wasn't even a big issue to me. The MDX had it all, features, reliablility, luxury, and best driving.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They'll keep trying to sell above MSRP as long as someone is willing to pay it. Anyone who shops even a little bit and has a couple month's patience will save !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts