Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Don't worry about it

PDD,

Don't worry about it -- do you like the car? You still got a great car for not a ton of money -- a Touring MDX is about the same price as an Eddie Bauer Explorer, and about 400% better. Other than the very rare exception, everyone on this board has been paying MSRP, in many cases MSRP + 1-2k.

Did you have to wait a long time for the car? 200 over is not a lot, and based upon the number of options you added, it seems like you're really enjoying the car.

I would have another thought about it.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
pdd said:
...I paid $200 over invoice, and had all the additions installed at the dealer for 10% over their cost...
$200 over invoice is unheard of. Was it new or a demo? Are you an employee there? How'd you swing that deal? if you don't mind, can you list the prices you paid and the dealer's name for others looking in GA?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
GCK said:
I am sure it's 200 over sticker ...
That's what I'm thinkin'...curious to see whether the accessories were really 10% over cost or if they inflated the "cost".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, its $200 over invoice and not Sticker or MSRP. I paid just over $38K with the all the equipment, plus tax, title and $299 doc fee. I waited just over three weeks for this vehicle to arrive, and was expecting a 2002 model, but received a 2001 Touring Navi.

I figured if the General Manager was willing to make me a good deal on the 2001, what the heck...so I'm enjoying the 2001 model Touring/Nav with all the bells :). And yes I do know the GM at Acura Carland in Duluth, GA, and the Owner.

:cool:

·
Registered
594 Posts
OK, I take back my previous post

My bad -- I thought that you were having post purchase regret for paying 200 over sticker, which wouldn't be too bad.

As it turns out, you feel bad for the rest of us suckers for paying sticker. Oh well, good for you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
well... i got scr*wed.. but i love the car anyway

When I got a shot at an '02 for MSRP plus two forced options.. I grabbed it back in June... Here in NY (ny metro area) some dealers were charging $2000 over msrp.... I also knew that the prices for the options from the dealer were more than the Acura website prices and I was planning getting the side steps and carrier kit anyway.

A couple of weeks ago, just after getting my build date, I called the parts and service department at the dealership just to see what they would charge for the purchase and installation of the options I chose with my purchase. What I found was that the cost with the purchase was approx $300 more than if already had the truck and went in to get the items added.

So when I went to pick up my car on Monday, I double checked the prices from the parts/service area and then confronted the salesman. Well he couldn't do anything so I asked for the sales manager.. He gave me a load of bulls**t and tried to convince me that even with the inflated options prices, I was getting the car at a lower price than they normally deliver the car... The bottom line was that at this point I want the car and was not willing to walk away from the deal for a couple of hundred dollars... I had Tim's prices for the options with me, but was only trying to convince them to charge me the same prices that they would charge someone who didn't buy the car from them...

So I got scr*wed... I asked for extra keys to soften the pain, but the answer was no.. I asked for touchup paint and they agreed...

I then went out to check the car.... It had a surface scratch along the passenger side .. They took it back to buff out the scratch and clean it... They offered me $10 to go to lunch and take the car to a car wash.. I turned them down and went to lunch.. When I came back, it was clean and ready... They also had 2 extra keys made... I still had to remind them for the touch up paint... I actually think they took it to a car wash to clean it...

Oh yea.. fogot to mention that the 2002 carrier kits are different from the '01 kits and are on backorder.. so i overpaid for the carrier kit and have to wait for it to come in.

So as the subject states.. i got scr*wed... but love the car anyway...

A letter to the owner of the dealership, the better business bureau, the state attorney general and others is being written..

·
Registered
24 Posts
No the prices on some of the additional equipment was less than what is posted at Hondacura World (I checked). I received credit for the factory streering wheel which I assume they return to Honda, and yes I was very surprised at their offer, and very pleased with the MDX. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
pdd said:
No the prices on some of the additional equipment was less than what is posted at Hondacura World (I checked). I received credit for the factory streering wheel which I assume they return to Honda, and yes I was very surprised at their offer, and very pleased with the MDX. :D
PDD-

Congrats - you got a good deal (compared to us) probably because of whom you know (they still made $$) - enjoy it:)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
pdd said:
pdd, that's a killer deal. Best one I think any of us have heard (hence our asking for clarification/definition and typo-checks). Congrats!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Johns00TL said:
They said it was against Oregon Law to charge less than the Sales Dept.. If Sales charges MSRP, then Parts is required to charge MSRP. I've never heard of this before. Roger, please enlighten me if this is true.
John
John I hope you didn't get that information from someone at my store. There is no law that says that they are required to sell accessories at MSRP, regardless of what the vehicle sells for. The parts department can do what they want. They may be telling you what they have been told and believe it to be the truth but it's just plain BS. Ours won't meet Tims prices as I mentioned before because their bonuses are based on holding a certain percentage, which I don't believe should be set up that way. Get the accessories from Tim and have your dealer install what you don't want to. If you have any problems give me a call. I'll get you my labor rates. I'll be glad to help. 503.252.2872.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi Tim,

What is "G"? Just curious. Not the "Garbage" I am thinking about.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts