Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Man I can't believe what other's have gone through in buying their car and the pressure put on by the sales people. I got my 2002 MDX with 19 miles on it (they took it out to tint), $1,500.00 off msrp, free all season floor mats, free 2 year/24000 mile service and just 10% off blue book for my trade. They didn't pressure me to buy anything and even threw in sealing and leather treatment along with a VIP automotive care kit that includes car wash concentrate, "sealant reactivator," tire gloss, leather and vinyl treatment, "interior fragrance" (yuk) and spot remover. It did take me 2 weeks to negotiate the deal and I was willing to buy another car or keep mine but in the end the MDX and offer on my trade was the best deal from any other car dealership (Toyota & Chevy) by far.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Wow, someone used Search

This thread was dug up from 5/7/01.

Brings back some memories! On the first page of this thread is one of my earliest posts:1:

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
DaleB said:
It would help if respondents would put their location under their names, also name great dealers, so maybe other could benefit. Thanks!
1JB said:
DaleB - Already posted it under the Tough Negotiation on '02 thread.
1JB,

I think DaleB was referring to specifying your location in your profile, so the info is displayed in all threads....

;)

·
Registered
968 Posts
I was at the Acura dealer in Serramonte and there were selling the cramp as something that they insist on having on all their vehicles.

They were asking about $700 on it beside additional DIOs.

I walked after they did not budge much on the DIOs besides I was not willing to pay for the cramp.

:2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
We actually bought the paint protection package. It is gauranteed to protect the paint of your car from UV damage, acid rain, bird droppings, and some other things as well. (I don't have the documentation in front of me.) We thought it was worth it because our car was black and it would help with fading. The gaurantee is for 5 years - they will repaint car if the paint is damaged by any of the above things listed.

Also - the product they apply to the car is made with Teflon and you don't have to wax your car. There is a web page that talks about the product they use. I'll look it up and post it if you are interested in reading more. The product is also only available at dealerships and they will reapply every 6 months for you.
We thought it was a pretty good deal...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts