Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just came back from putting down a $500 deposit for an MDX at Stevens Creek Acura in San Jose. They are charging MSRP, plus forced purchase of $95 for wheel locks, $195 for splash guards, and $895 for running boards. These numbers are substantially higher than Hondacuraworld.com's "list" - are they gouging? If so, is there someplace official I can print out list pricing for to use as leverage to try to get the price reduced?

Thanks!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cyclone, of course the prices are exhorbitant, but what will the market bear in NoCal? There are stories of people paying $1000+ over MSRP with NO options in California, so you may actually be getting a "bargain".

When is the anticipated delivery date? If you have a mfg date locked down, that is not all bad. If you are just on a list, well, now you only hope that Stevens Creek Acura is honest with you on anticipated delivery dates.

Did you check pricing/policies with other Acura dealers in Bay area?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cyclone, Most dealers here in Bay Area sell accessories, I have not found with nothing or markup! I just bought mine in sacramento and I only paid MSRP but you have to tell that you don't want anything (just the car)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cyclone,

Stevens Creek priced that way since the early days of MDX. They did not budge last May when I ordered from them but cancelled later on. Their attitude back then, like any other dealers in the Bay, is take it or leave it. In fact, Los Gatos and Sunnyvale are worse: premium of $2K plus $2K of forced accessories. Try LA dealers like Cerritos where some Bay Area members just recently bought their MDX. It seems that supply is still short in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Keep looking

tdnone said:
... Try LA dealers like Cerritos where some Bay Area members just recently bought their MDX. It seems that supply is still short in the Bay Area.
I agree with tdnone, Bay area seems to be the worst right from the beginning. Come on down to So Cal. I checked with Keyes in Van Nuys, Acura 101 West in Calabasas, and Gold Coast Acura in Ventura and they all were selling at MSRP at the beginning of the year.

Another spots at this site you might check is the DEALER RATINGS on the home page and CLUBS-SO CAL section in the forums. There's alot of info on So Cal dealers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got my MDX at Hopkins Acura in RedWood city, NO mark ups and NO forced options. Ask for Michael Andrews he is a very nice guy. I went to other dealers and most wanted forced options (Serramonte) or mark ups (Stevens Creek).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those prices are definitely higher than what I was quoted here in NJ. My running boards were quoted at 669, with installation included of course. If you're not a handy type person, by all means, order through Tim. He even has installation instructions on the website so that you can see if it's a project you want to take on or not.

I'm getting all my "add ons" through Tim, via Santa Claus.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Go to http://www.acura.com/model_MDX/MDX_byo/MDX_byo_frm.asp to get MSRP per Acura -- you have to "build your own", but at the end of the process it shows your individual MSRPs.

FYI, Acura quotes $72.80 for rear splash guards, $480.00 for running boards, and $64.40 for wheel locks -- INSTALLED (figured at $77.00/hr labor rate). Unless that dealer's labor rates are 'way above $77, it sounds like they're not going to kiss you when they have their way with you. Wear your rubber gloves!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stevens Creek labor rate is $99/hr. Use the list prices from hondacuaworld.com to adjust the prices from the acura.com "Build Your Own" for labor rate. I think you'll find Stevens is about $20 over MSRP.
Then, pick out something from hondacura that retails for that amount which you can install. Show your numbers to the salesperson and ask them to throw it in, or cut the price.

Now, the biggest problem you;ll have is that they have the strangest "waiting list" set up.... Depending on what folks above you do, you can move up or down a couple of months....just like that! Ask the salesperson to explain it... You will be amused or confused, or both!

Even if you already talked to smeone, I recommend you call Dave Treadway, he seems pretty straight and has gotte positive feedback from others on the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
jimchoff
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing