Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the area, I was also curious to know what Acura Dealer everyone would recommend? Any info would be great!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Do not goto Frankel Acura in Hunt Valley, they are very deceptive. I ordered my MDX in February '01, got it in October '01. Thats 3 months late and they gave me bull shiat excuses as to why it was late. Their service for a lack of a better word sucks. Went in for an oil change and ask them to check a couple of other things......they come back 2 hours later and tell me that everything is fine but I needed an oil change.:mad: WTF?

From my experiences with Frankel, I cannot recommend them to you.
Try the one in Annapolis, Tischer Acura.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon said:

From my experiences with Frankel, I cannot recommend them to you.
Try the one in Annapolis, Tischer Acura.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I purchased my vehicle from Tischer Acura. I believe it is the dealer that is right off the B/W Pkwy? I have dealt with them, and can say nothing but good things about them! I am personally dealing with the service manager, and can recommend there service to you! If you are ever in need of assistance of anything Acura/Nissan related please don't hesitate to PM me or drop me an e-mail.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Depend where you are in MD and how far you are willing to travel. Here are several Acura dealers. Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA (2nd largest acuar dealer in nation) They are now offering 2.9% finance for qualified buyer (I think it is dealer offer, not AHFS offer), but I am not sure when will it expired. (Saw it on the TV) I deal with them with my MDX. Other than delay on delivery, I am like the dealership/salesperson.

Radley Acura in Bailey Cross Road, Virginia and also Karen Radley Acura in Manassas Virginia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JTM said:
Other than delay on delivery, I am like the dealership/salesperson.
Good to hear you are on the VA side.. because I have had nothing but good service at Tischer Acura, and wouldn't want to take your fire.. ;)

I personally know the Service Manager at Tischer and if anyone on acuramdx.org has any questions or inquiries about acura service/products please feel free to drop me a PM or an e-mail because I can have you assisted.. :)

Just wanted to let you all know..

·
Registered
17 Posts
TISCHER

MY 2 Cents.... I can verify the service department at TISCHER
in Laurel.... I had my 2000 TL serviced there... professional
clean very knowledgable.... before i sold it.... no i'm carless
serving in KOREA... biding my time till i hit the CONUS in
my new X.... counting down 8 months to go till X-Day...
Look for me fall 03 beltway bandit

HI_YELLA_1

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought mine from Pohanka in Chantilly. They are alright.
They were prompt in returning my calls and keeping me posted about the status.
If you are Costco member, you get $300 credit towards accessories and the $295 processing (read junk :3: )fee will be waived.

Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my 03' X at Radley Acura in Bailey Cross Road, Virginia. It is OK. They kept most of their promises. I will say it all depends on the saleperson and the manager. It might have the totally different service (good or bad) from the same dealership. Better find out the right saleperson. Mine is OK, no complain! I can send you info. if you are interesting.

My 3,000 mile service is up, can anyone Recommend one good service department ? How much will cost you?
-thanks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
yungtunyang said:
My 3,000 mile service is up, can anyone Recommend one good service department ? How much will cost you?
-thanks
Basically a 3000 miles service (or 3750 miles) is Oil Change. I did it at the dealership, since they gave first oil change free.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are there any dealers in the area selling below MSRP? Thx!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
F1 Tech said:
Are there any dealers in the area selling below MSRP? Thx!

How much below MSRP are you looking at? Back in last year, I got MSRP, but with $300 off accessories, $149 processing fee with wheel lock and BSM throw in free from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Need to travel to go $700+ below MSRP

I'm taking a 5 hour roadtrip from DC this weekend to pick up my new MDX Premium at $1600 below MSRP (or $1900 above invoice), plus a break on my chrome side steps installation.

I'll post the details early next week provided that all goes well. The bottom line is that in order to work a deal you need to find your car on their lot, and make them an offer via the phone. I found that the online inventories are not up to date, and are often misleading b/c most of the ones listed are pre-sold.

·
Registered
62 Posts
God, I just ordered a MDX from Frankel Acura two weeks ago.
Do I really need to wait that long?
They seem nice probably because just want to make it deal with me.
The salesman gave me $500 credits towards accessories.
I don't know if that's a good deal or not?
I'm from a foreign country and never bought a car before in The States. I guess I could use some help here.
So glad I join AcuraMdx.org. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
weichung,

how long did your dealer say you have to wait for your MDX? It is common that most people have to wait for the MDX arrive the dealership. It took 8 months before I received my MDX, but that was a year back.

I think it takes less time now. But this might depend on what you order. (Color/Options)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Weichung,
Sometimes, it depends on what you order, if your MDX is base model, then it should not be long. I order mine w/Navi last year. It took almost 4 months. This year shall be much sooner, I think. About 'pricing', hard to say, I also received ~$400 credit for accessories and no processing fee (~$190).. But that was last year. I am in DC area. Welcome to email me if you need more info.
-tom

·
Registered
62 Posts
JTM said:
weichung,

how long did your dealer say you have to wait for your MDX? It is common that most people have to wait for the MDX arrive the dealership. It took 8 months before I received my MDX, but that was a year back.

I think it takes less time now. But this might depend on what you order. (Color/Options)
JTM,

The salesperson told me 60 to 90 days. I ordered a silver w/ touring.
Do I need to call they every once a while to make sure the car will arrive on time? I just couldn't believe you waited for that long.
Did you shop some other places before you got your MDX?
Thanks a lot.

Wei

·
Registered
62 Posts
yungtunyang said:
Weichung,
Sometimes, it depends on what you order, if your MDX is base model, then it should not be long. I order mine w/Navi last year. It took almost 4 months. This year shall be much sooner, I think. About 'pricing', hard to say, I also received ~$400 credit for accessories and no processing fee (~$190).. But that was last year. I am in DC area. Welcome to email me if you need more info.
-tom
Tom,

I wasn't told I have to pay processing fee . Does that mean it was waived? And, what kind of fee or extra cost I need to pay other than tax and title fee? By the way, where did get your MDX? Would you recommend the dealer? Thanks for the info.

Wei

·
Registered
15 Posts
Best MDX deals near DC, MD, VA

If you're willing to drive 5 hours each way, I picked up my new Midnight Blue Pearl MDX Premium this weekend for $34,600 ($1600 below MSRP, $1900 over invoice). I also got a break on the Chrome steps and the only additional charge was a $50 document fee.

Where: Beckley Auto Mall in Beckley, West Virginia (1 hour east of Charleston)
Why: Great salesman, great deal!
How: Dial (304) 252-3300, ask for Dwayne Billings

This car was on their lot, and they may have given me a good deal partially for that reason...however, you can certainly do better with them than anyone in DC, Maryland, or Virginia. :)

Add'l info:

One-way car rental for $95 from Hertz to Greenbrier Valley Airport, where Dwayne picked us up in our new car for the last 60 miles to Beckley.

Glade Springs Resort: $120/night for good place to stay nearby.

Must see attractions: Grandview State Park...awesome view of New River Gorge!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
weichung said:

JTM,

The salesperson told me 60 to 90 days. I ordered a silver w/ touring.
Do I need to call they every once a while to make sure the car will arrive on time? I just couldn't believe you waited for that long.
Did you shop some other places before you got your MDX?
Thanks a lot.

Wei
Wei,

Yes, during that period of time, it takes about 5 months for any dealer in this area (Pohanka Acura, Radley Acura, Karen Radley Acura) It takes even longer for dealer in Richmond and others. (included up to Philly and down to Richmond area)

My salesperson actually called me for some cancelled orders, but either those are not the color I want or there are forced options on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
$1500 under MSRP

Hey guys, I just got my MDX for $1500 under MSRP. The salesman was great and it was so easy! He told me he can sale all incoming MDXs for under MSRP!! I called every Acura dealer in the DC area and only this dealer is doing this. Just want to share it with you all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts