Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dearest Admin -

In the Dealer Ratings section, it would be helpful to know how recent/outdated the comments are. Is there a way to display the date of the post/rating? Also would be helpful to have the date on the summary page so users could see if there are any new posts/ratings.

Also, would like to see the Dealer Rating section used more frequently by those who use the board, as it's a great tool for potential buyers and those mired in the pre-delivery doldrums. Any ideas on how to bolster participation in this area would certainly be appreciated.

Fabulous job, I love this community!

Thanks a billion.:D

J

·
0 Posts
I agree with colliek. I don't think the Virginia Dealer Rating section has been updated for months. Practically all ratings go back about a year to when I was looking for an MDX and are basically useless to people searching now. I also believe that some of the ratings were put in by some salesmen themselves. I think it would be helpful to limit ratings to members only and the people posting to Dealer Rating section should be identified by user name and a date entered. Maybe Admin could make this feature more visible and try to push for its use by members. Just my $.02. I personally have no use for these ratings any more but I know it is very useful to prospective buyers and people who need servicing to their vehicles.

Regards,

Johnnyreb
New Market, VA

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm currently in the market for an MDX and am checking this site frequently (thanks for doing such a great job, by the way.) I've especially been paying attention to dealer ratings, and based on comparing what I've read to my experiences at dealerships, I'm starting to think that many of the extremely positive comments are coming from the dealers themselves. (Not all, of course, but when you see five rotten reviews followed by one stellar one, you start to wonder...) And if I were a dealer, believe me -- I'd be checking out this site on a regular basis. Good ratings on this site can most definitely result in more sales and more $$.

Might I suggest requiring people to post their user names along with reviews? At least then we would have some context as to who is writing, and we could ask follow-up questions.

Thanks! And thank you for the incredible site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
misterjon
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing