Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2012 MDX used and was only given 1 key, the previous owner lost it or something. So I called my local Acura dealer to see how much it would cost for a spare replacement key, they told me it would cost around $300... $150 for the key and $150 for the labor.

Sounds very expensive for a key. Is there another place I can do this for cheaper? Sigh.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
My wife "misplaced" her key for our RDX. I ordered a Driver 2 RDX key that was un-cut from eBay for $84. I was going to take it to a local lock smith to cut and program; but, she found the lost key the same day the replacement arrived. I ended up getting her the bluetooth Tile Gen 2 for her MDX and RDX keys because the key locator is a lot cheaper than new key(s).

You could do the eBay thing for an un-cut key. I would compare prices for a lock smith or Acura to see which one comes out ahead in cutting and programming.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Home Depot has a new computerized key cutting system. Ask your local HD if they can cut that key for you. You might get lucky. Perhaps they might have the right transponder chip for the key but without the remote.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the Home Depot on Fry and 99? I noticed you're located in Katy. I just want to go to one place that can get me a replacement key without having to go to multiple sources.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Try here....

h**p://replacemyremote.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?car_make=Acura&car_model=MDX&car_year=2012

h**p://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/searchresults.asp?Search=Acura&Search=2012&Search=MDX

And don't forget eBay....

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got my copy of my 1st Gen MDX Key from Ace For $44. I suspect the 2nd gen uses the same key? (And yes Home Depot has a programmer now or at least mine does)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts