Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the reviews of all the NJ dealerships under the dealer rating section and man-o-man there are some very hard words (albeit probably deserved and true) for the car salesmen or the dealership.

The biggest theme that was repeated regardless of the dealership or experience was the fact that people were being forced to pay 2K-4k over MSRP. Was this for cars that you bought off the lot or for cars that you ordered from the factory? I can't imagine that a dealrership would hold a car that you ordered from the factory, not off the lot, hostage until you added at least 2K worth of accessories.

Any feed back from NJ MDX owners would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
come to pennsylvania

depending on where in nj you live, montgomeryville acura may be an option for you. they were very professional and honorable.

although they sell at msrp, they do not force options on you nor surprise you at the last minute.

i bought my MDX there and would recommend them.

my salesman was mike puleo. phone # 215-661-9300. they are located about 10 minutes north exit 26 (i think) of the pa turnpike just a few minutes northwest of philadelphia.

good luck,

chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
In late December I leased an MDX from Acura of Ocean, in Ocean, NJ and had a good buying experience. The salesman was quite knowledgeable and very honest and professional. In the summer of last year they were asking 2K over MSRP but apparently with the 03's they are selling them at list or slightly discounted. No forced options, no forced anything on me. I have yet to input my buying experience on this site. This was my second Acura from this dealer and both times I had a very positive experience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the 03 X on order from Montclair Acura in Verona (which I am hoping will be delivered sometime next week). My deal is at MSRP, and so far I have not experienced them forcing any over priced options on me.

My one gripe with the dealership is their accessory prices (which are even higher than the official acura website). See this thread for a discussion on this topic:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9719&highlight=Accessory

On the whole I am happy (so far) with the ordering process. Will post my comments once I actually take delivery.

Also I have spoken with Princeton Acura, and the sales guy there was very courteous and was offering the 03 at MSRP. You may want to try them out as well.

All the best !

·
Registered
87 Posts
Buy all your accessories from Tim at Hondacuraworld. Great discounted prices and service and it won't break the bank (unless you really want to).
Congrats on ordering an X. The wait is well worth it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I just purchased from Precision Acura of Princeton (really in Lawrenceville). Ordered in Oct for a Feb delivery. MSRP with no trade and no forced options. I found out 3 weeks ago (from Jamie) that the car mistakenly had a 1/4 build and I would have it in Jan instead of Feb. Because I wasn't ready for a Jan delivery, the dealer covered 1 month payment for me by deducting from the purchase price (-$637) and nobody even mentioned options to me when I signed the papers. Oh yeah, they knew about Tim's site. Apparently he has a reputation :)

I was also set to go with peoplesfirst.com's 4.89% rate but the dealer offered me 4.29% through Chase which I took.

All-in-all a very nice experience. The Sales Mgr. I spoke with is Jeff Casole and the salesguy is Michael Thomas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
crmsnidol, you picked a very good dealer. good luck.

Actually, Acura of Princeton was on my short list too, when I ordered on October. My choice was between Montclair Acura and Acura of Princeton, and pretty much offered me the same, MSRP and delivery was December (I got it Jan.2'03).

The salesman I dealt with in Princeton seems very good, but the way I looked at it talking to both of them, Montclair can deliver it earlier than Princeton so I went to Montclair. I was happy the way the process handled, only from the day I got my VIN# to the deleivery date, it was dragging, 3-long weeks, unbelivable.

I did order also from Ryan Acura (Brunswick), way way back on April 2002 for 2003 but as the delivery approaches they were asking me 2K over MSRP so I just canceled it on September.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm glad to hear about Precision Acura, that's the dealer we're going to use!!! Well, now to wait until April......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have ordered mine too from Precision Acura, NJ. So far no complaints. Expected delivery is in mid Feb. They gave me an expected date of mid Feb to Mid March. I also found out from Jamie and the dealer that the build date is between 1/28/03 to 1/30/03. It is nice to know Crmsndol, that you had a good experience of buying from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We visited three dealers in the central Jersey area. Finally ordered SBP/NAV/RES from Bridgewater Acura w/running board and body side moulding. Paid MSRP for the car and invoice for the accessories. Delivey date = 2/24/2003. Also got wheel lock and every other oil change for free.

Clinton Acura - the sales person was very helpful. He went over every function of the car and even let us test drove one. But asking for MSRP for the car and the accessories. March is their earliest delivery.

Springfield Acura - wanted $200 more than Bridgewater and don't even have a delivery date. We were told that for SBP/NAV/RES is very hard to come by. They have 15 people on the waiting list and two cars available but no RES.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for eveyone who has posted in here with feedback. I appreciate it and it will help me with my search for a dealership to use here in NJ.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
bakerbboy72 said:
Thanks for eveyone who has posted in here with feedback. I appreciate it and it will help me with my search for a dealership to use here in NJ.

Thanks again!
bakerbboy72,

Don't forget to keep everyone posted on your progress...:4:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
bakerbboy72 said:

Thanks again!
Good luck. I should mention that I called 7 dealers in my area. All were MSRP and no forced options except one - Acura of Turnersville. They had a minimum $1500 package added to ALL MDX's but would "work with me" on the cost. Yeah right. When I asked the guy to repeat to me that I heard right that they automatically added $1500 worth of options I may not want he said "yes, all of our vehicles come accessorized" and then he hung up on me. Needless to say, I'll never call them or recommend them to anyone. Heck, they don't even have a service dept. - just sales which could explain the cost gouging.

Marek Puk at Park Ave seemed very helpful and was willing to work with me on throwing in options but was slow to respond to my options request (maybe to let me hang on it a few days). He called me back not 1 hours after I faxed the signed orders to Precision so I thanked him and told him if anything went bad with the deal at Precision I would be calling him back. Turns out I didn't have to but I thought he was a good guy and would recommend him on personality alone.

To me, with car salesman I look for the the one that's least offensive and go with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts