Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,320 Posts
The other sort of close dealerships are all above MSRP (mine is MSRP) so I really have no leverage to go elsewhere.
That's a little too far from Milwaukee. I found a dealer showing 1 in Illinois but their pricing is listed as "call for pricing" on their website so that would be above MSRP, I heard as much as 5K over from someone else...no thanks
My dealer, Pauly Acura of Highland Park IL, is 66 miles from downtown Milwaukee. Their policy is to sell all cars (other than specialty models like the upcoming MDX Type S) for MSRP, and they don't pressure you to buy accessories. I don't know whether their upcoming arrivals include any Apex Blue A-spec models, but you could call them to ask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My dealer, Pauly Acura of Highland Park IL, is 66 miles from downtown Milwaukee. Their policy is to sell all cars (other than specialty models like the upcoming MDX Type S) for MSRP, and they don't pressure you to buy accessories. I don't know whether their upcoming arrivals include any Apex Blue A-spec models, but you could call them to ask.
I had actually looked at Pauly but they didn't show what I was looking for. McGrath in downtown Chicago has shown a Blue Aspec for about a week now but I doubt I'd get a good price there.

I did stop in to the dealer last Wednesday as I was driving past and talked to the manager. Decided it was best to not deal with my salesman any longer and will be working with him going forward. Doubt that speeds up my lead time but hopefully the communication will be more honest.

Mine was due to be off the assembly line on 11/26 but as usual was pushed back again. :cry:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I ordered my A-Spec on November 12. The dealer confirmed today that it should be here December 15-20. We shall see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I jumped in the fray a couple of weeks ago. A dealer had an unspoken for ASPEC scheduled for production tomorrow. We’ll see what happens. I’m going to see if they contact me with a VIN tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I ordered my A-Spec on November 12. The dealer confirmed today that it should be here December 15-20. We shall see.
What color package? That seems to be the biggest hold up for me, the Blue/Ebony color combo. Blue/Red seems to get more produced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I jumped in the fray a couple of weeks ago. A dealer had an unspoken for ASPEC scheduled for production tomorrow. We’ll see what happens. I’m going to see if they contact me with a VIN tomorrow.
What color combo? Hopefully yours gets produced. Mine was supposed to be off production on 11/26 but there is now word on it as of yet so I'm guessing it was delayed,,,for the 3rd time. :cry:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
What color package? That seems to be the biggest hold up for me, the Blue/Ebony color combo. Blue/Red seems to get more produced.
I ordered white/ebony. I think it is a little less popular than ones with red interior. Although I see a different local dealer shows to have 2 white/ebony in stock. I'll stick with the dealer I like and is closer. I'm not a big hurry, but like anyone I'm anxious to get it.

Reactions: Meef

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
@Meef, I'm not sure if you're willing to travel but I just bought my new MDX out of state in Georgia. They had a blue A-Spec on the lot and it's still available. It would be an easy flight and they'd pick you up at the airport.

(I had been waiting 2 months at a local dealership but I had to cancel my order due to the manufacturer no longer making certain color combos. They offered to let me change colors but I decided not to go that route since I found the one I wanted out of state)
When does your MDX come in?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any sense whether production volumes are ramping up at all? There was just an article today that I read saying the worst of the chip shortage is probably past us, with growing availability (of chips) and more normalized conditions in 1Q or 2Q 2022

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,320 Posts
I had actually looked at Pauly but they didn't show what I was looking for.
Are you going only by what the Acura website shows, or did you ask someone at the dealership? The reason I ask is, in the middle of their (mostly empty) showroom, they have a display of all the incoming MDXs, showing color, version, expected build date, etc, along with customer name if it's spoken for. (This is how I lucked out; I noticed the display and the fact that there was no name next to the red one I wanted.) Yesterday, I swear, there must have been forty MDXs on the display, with maybe two thirds of them showing names next to them. But I know that the cars don't show up on Acura's website until they are in transit or on site. That's why only seven MDXs show up on Acura's website, but they have a lot more scheduled to come in. If you're only going by Acura's website, it may be worth your while calling the dealership to ask if there's one incoming that you want. My salesman's name is Tre Crump, if you'd like to try him, but anyone there can help you and they all sell the cars for MSRP.

McGrath in downtown Chicago has shown a Blue Aspec for about a week now but I doubt I'd get a good price there.
Funny you should mention that car, because I saw it in person! When I was thinking about the MDX but before I ordered mine, I was trying to decide on colors, and I had it narrowed down to Apex Blue or Performance Red. I saw from Acura's website that they had that car on site at McGrath downtown, so I went there to see it in person. It's a nice color; like the red, it "pops" in sunlight. But seeing it in person made me realize that I liked the red just as much, and I didn't really want to spend more for the A-Spec.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-SPEC Liquid Carbon Metallic/Black Interior
96 Posts
I’d take the heated steering wheel and run! Most of the Blue Apex MDXs are all spoken for. At the time I bought mine in August I took the demo the dealer had with 120 miles on it and happily paid MSRP for it. It was the only one in New England at the time. I’m not aware of any Apex Blue MDXs that are just sitting on a dealer lot waiting for a buyer.

Sucks the salesman has just been dicking you around, but the new car market - especially on highly desired cars right now - is just absolutely ludicrous. Hell, even GM just announced no cars other than top trim models are getting heated seats for this model year and next due to chips. So while the wait is painful, just be glad you’re eventually going to be getting a rare ride with all the a-spec options (and a heated steering wheel to boot).
Wow the US market is getting ripped-off by Acura. The heating steering wheel is standard in Canada as well as the remote starter and the clock button in the tuck with a timer as you walkaway from the car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Are you going only by what the Acura website shows, or did you ask someone at the dealership? The reason I ask is, in the middle of their (mostly empty) showroom, they have a display of all the incoming MDXs, showing color, version, expected build date, etc, along with customer name if it's spoken for. (This is how I lucked out; I noticed the display and the fact that there was no name next to the red one I wanted.) Yesterday, I swear, there must have been forty MDXs on the display, with maybe two thirds of them showing names next to them. But I know that the cars don't show up on Acura's website until they are in transit or on site. That's why only seven MDXs show up on Acura's website, but they have a lot more scheduled to come in. If you're only going by Acura's website, it may be worth your while calling the dealership to ask if there's one incoming that you want. My salesman's name is Tre Crump, if you'd like to try him, but anyone there can help you and they all sell the cars for MSRP.

Funny you should mention that car, because I saw it in person! When I was thinking about the MDX but before I ordered mine, I was trying to decide on colors, and I had it narrowed down to Apex Blue or Performance Red. I saw from Acura's website that they had that car on site at McGrath downtown, so I went there to see it in person. It's a nice color; like the red, it "pops" in sunlight. But seeing it in person made me realize that I liked the red just as much, and I didn't really want to spend more for the A-Spec.
I check both the Acura website and the dealers website. Supposedly mine is coming off the production line tomorrow (12/11) so I will see if that actually happens. It does seem like more A-Specs are coming in right now, my dealer just got 3 (all spoken for of course) Liquid Carbon Metallic A-Specs in this week so I'm hopeful mine actually gets built this time. If it does not get built on this run, I'm going to explore other options.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I ordered my White/Ebony A-Spec on November 11. Dealer called today with paperwork questions. I should be picking mine up next week after their PDI and some add-ons I requested. So roughly around 5 weeks from order to delivery.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts