Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to get a 2003 touring mdx. i was wondering if u guys think i should order the woodshift nob, crome side bars, or any other parts from the dealer or just buy the parts wholesale, or over the internet and install it myself. i was there last night and they said it was 250 for the whell locks(which i saw for $40 on the net) and for the mat or tray that goes in the back. i thought it was pricy and wanted to see what u guys though would be the best idea.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
$250 for wheel lock?? @[email protected]

I will charge you $100, which included shipping. :p (This will be good for both of us. I earn money, you save money :D )

Yeah, like TheWorm said, many of us purchase accessories from Tim @ Hondacuraworld . The wood shift knob is on special this month if you are interesting it.

Good luck with accessories purchase.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i think he meant $250 for wheel locks AND the cargo tray.

still, though, if you go to www.hondacuraworld.com, you could get the cargo tray and wheel locks for $103 and $36, respectively, which would save you over $100, easily.

the other things like woodshift knob and side step bars, depending on how handy you are, are pretty easy to install. DEFINITELY a do-it-yourself type job.

just go to hondacuraworld and download the installation instructions and decide for yourself. and if you're all thumbs, you could still buy the stuff from the net and bring it to your dealer and have them install it for you. either way, you're going to save money.

good luck!

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
nhatman said:
i think he meant $250 for wheel locks AND the cargo tray.

still, though, if you go to www.hondacuraworld.com, you could get the cargo tray and wheel locks for $103 and $36, respectively, which would save you over $100, easily.

the other things like woodshift knob and side step bars, depending on how handy you are, are pretty easy to install. DEFINITELY a do-it-yourself type job.

just go to hondacuraworld and download the installation instructions and decide for yourself. and if you're all thumbs, you could still buy the stuff from the net and bring it to your dealer and have them install it for you. either way, you're going to save money.

good luck!
What he said.:4:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
WHAAAAA!!!!?????? 250 for wheel Locks????

Damn send me the 250 I'll drive to your house and install the 37 dollars wheel locks you can buy from Tim.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Warzau said:
WHAAAAA!!!!?????? 250 for wheel Locks????

Damn send me the 250 I'll drive to your house and install the 37 dollars wheel locks you can buy from Tim.
I beat Warzau's price... just send me $225, and I'll take care of you...:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
My recommendation is to NOT buy from the dealer, but rather buy from hondaacuraworld.com.

I almost chocked on the the prices quoted my the dealer from which I bought my MDX. When I checked the prices at hondacuraworld.com (Tim) they were 20% to 30% less sometimes more. I've order three times from Tim. All three orders were received within three to four days exactly as ordered.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've ordered all of my accessories from Tim at hondacuraworld.com whick is in NY and I'm in California. Great service. Great Price. No Sales Tax :15: Quick shipping. This includes sidesteps and hitch package. Both big and bulky items. :18:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered my accessories from Tim today for my 2003 MDX and can't wait to install them
I saved over $1,100.00 vs what my local dealership wanted for the same items. Dealer accessory prices are ridiculous in prices!!:eek:

The accessories ordered were:

Lower Trim kit painted midnight blue
Moonroof Visor
Cargo cover
Rear Tailgate Deflector painted midnight blue
Body Side Molding

Do not order from anyone else but Tim, he was very helpful and gave me a discount on the painted items:2:

Now all I have to do is wait for the MDX to arrive on the 25th!!!!

Piaa2001:4:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts