Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week & a half ago we took the X on its first trip to Ocean City...loved it..computer said it got 23 MPG. It was a 280 mile round trip at sea level. Went out of town for 10 days and when I went to start it this am, I noticed that the passenger rear door had been left open.(I could blame it on my 13 year old daughter but I seem to remember I had it open when I was playing with the ski rack.) Anyway, it was deader that an door nail. No interior lights and nothing when I turned the key on. I jumped it and it started right up.

I read in the owner's manual that when a door is left open 3 minutes, the interior lights are supposed to go out. If they went out, anyone have any ideas why the battery was drained? No other interior lights were in the "on" position.

Other than that, I can't wait to drive it in the sand! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think there is a small light fixture on the rear door which turns on automatically when the door is open. I think this light always stays lit as long as the door is open independent of other interior lights. After 10 days, even this little light bulb could probably drain your whole battery.

Well, make sure the door is closed next time. :) Let us know how the X drives in the sand.

·
Registered
184 Posts
whitemdx is correct.

The dash mounted light switch only affects the dome lights. The lights on the doors (this includes the rear hatch) always turn on if that door is opened. The rear hatch has a switch to allow you to leave it open with the light off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
bef,

can you shoot over a picture of your obviously loaded MDX. I am considering a few of the accessories that you have already installed and would appreciate a photo to see how they look on the GG MDX (which I have).

Thanks,

·
Registered
411 Posts
My battery went dead on the second day I had my 'X. All I did was that I left the key in the ignition. Nothing was on. I wasn't sure how it got drained. I called Acura's TLC for a jump start.

Was it the navigation system?

·
Registered
58 Posts
GCK,

The navigation system suppose to shut itself off to save the battery from draining. I've seen it turn off by itself.
You might have accidently turned on the seat heater...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts