Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s happened to me several times now where I get to my destination and when I grab my laptop bag from the rear seat I find that the rear seat heater was accidentally activated and cooked my bag and it’s contents. Hasn’t hurt the laptop although not so good for the m&ms I had in the bag. There is no visual indicator on the dash that the rear seat heaters are on so I have to stretch back and take a peek to see if the switches are lit on the second row controls. I’m thinking of deactivating them by pulling the fuses or maybe making a cover for the switches. Does anyone know where the fuses are for these second row seat heaters?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Fuse for the rear heated seats should be in the rear fuse box... under the cargo floor, on the left hand side.

How are they getting activated? It seems unlikely that you’d accidentally turn them on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info- I think I accidentally push in one or the other switches when reaching back for stuff while seated in front. Or even just loading my bags onto the floor in front of the second row seats - the switches can get activated with just a light touch.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Thanks for the info- I think I accidentally push in one or the other switches when reaching back for stuff while seated in front. Or even just loading my bags onto the floor in front of the second row seats - the switches can get activated with just a light touch.
Odd. I typically reach from the front into the back floor to store and retrieve take out food. I don't think that's ever happened to me... But I'll have to pay attention, next time, to check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is an old thread but it sure would be nice if the rear climate control lock also locked the heated seat function. With car seats hooked up in the back I'd rather that the kids couldn't turn on the heated seats. I guess I'll be pulling the fuse out too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FYI - popping the fuse out for the rear heated seats solved the problem for me. It's interesting that the lights for the buttons still work but the heat doesn't come on anymore. This gives the kids something to press other than my buttons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts