Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 MDX is having an issue with changing the Navigation Panel from day to night automatically. It stays bright unless I hit the brightness level manually. This wasn't always an issue that I can remember but I don't remember having to do this day one. It's just a nuisance. I went thru all the system settings on the navigation panel but nothing is obvious that maybe I missed a setting.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My 2015 MDX is having an issue with changing the Navigation Panel from day to night automatically. It stays bright unless I hit the brightness level manually. This wasn't always an issue that I can remember but I don't remember having to do this day one. It's just a nuisance. I went thru all the system settings on the navigation panel but nothing is obvious that maybe I missed a setting.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Press the day/night button and use the jog wheel to set the desired brightness for the displayed mode, and press ENTER to set. You probably want the brightness on the high-end of the scale in "day" mode, and low-end of the scale for "night" mode.

Then go to Settings > Navigation Settings > Map > Color (Day) and set the color scheme. Beige is the default, so I'd start with that.

Then go to Settings > Navigation Settings > Map > Color (Night) and set the color scheme. Blueis the default, so I'd start with that.

Then turn the vehicle OFF, get out, and LOCK it. Now when you get in, it should work.

Note: If you push the day/night button you OVERRIDE the automatic function until you turn the car OFF and LOCK it. The logic/priority is documented in the manual:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.