Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my X yesterday afternoon. After almost three months ( I know some have waited a lot longer) of waiting I can say it was well worth the wait. THIS IS A GREAT VEHICLE.

I want to convey a HUGE "THANK YOU" to all who have shared their experiences and knowledge. Since finding this site in January, I have learned a lot about my X. It certainly helped with the wait.

Picking up the X yesterday there was very little my sales guy needed to tell me- I already knew most everything thanks to everyone.

When I arrived the first thing we did was inspect the X. It looked great.

Then he showed the manuals, keys and paper work. Gave me the obligatory "please give me a top rating when you get a call from Acura. If you can't please tell me" . Not a problem here as everything was smooth and I had no problems.

Then off to the finance guy. Handed over a check and signed on the dotted lines for the loan. No pitch to sell me anything extra.

Then back to the sales guy and off to the computer.

"Let me sign you up at Acura's web site" (Did that already a while ago, except entering my VIN)

"You can even download the owners manual" (Yeah I know- already did that and have read it a few times already)

This was all good as all I really wanted to do was get my keys and go.

Then off to the X and a quick review of the Nav system and the seat memory. I programmed the Nav to take me home, a hand shake and congrats from the sales guy and I was on my way!
:)

WHAT A GREAT RIDE!!! The NAV actually took me home the way I would have. It was fun, and I was impressed with its accuracy.

Last night put in the Burlwood Shift Knob, Cargo Tray and my Star Tac with the CCM Navigator Hands Free. Spent the rest of the evening reading all the manuals.

First thing this morning took a 30 mile round trip to PEP Boys to get some Vinylex. (They were the closest place I could find some , needed to warm the X up to put on the meter panel and hey any excuse for a drive). Used the NAV for directions.

Got home and installed the meter panel, rear flaps, wheel locks and Manics. All the installs went smoothly and didn't take much time-again thanks to everyone for their tips and pics.

Unfortunately it is pretty cold here in New England this weekend and I don't have heat in my garage so I have not put on the body side moldings. I may go over to my friends tomorrow to use his heated garage.

This afternoon my wife and I took a nice long ride. Again played with the Nav and had a great time cruising.

Well I can finally relate to everyone's enthusiasm about their X!!

Thanks again to everyone!

P.S. Zaino on the way! Thanks Worm.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congratulations on your X! It will be awhile before you wll be able to get that smile off of your face:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know how you feel wpf. I had my MDX 3 months now and I enjoy every time I get into it. Sometimes I just want to sit in my MDX and admire its beauty.

Dale, somehow I feel you are going to locate a new MDX down here in Southern Cal and pick one up soon rather than waiting it out up in San Jose. I have been seeing a lot of new ones poping up here lately.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrat WPF! It sounds like your loving ur MDX & puttn' on some access. I ordered some things from Tim @ hondacuraworld. Can't wait to keep making the "X" more enjoyable. You'll find many reasons to drive the MDX, espc. w/ the NAVI feature. ENJOY:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts