Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first started looking for an MDX in late October 2001, at David McDavid acura in Plano, TX.

My first visit was just a few days before the official release date of the 2002 model MDX. I test drove a vehicle, and asked a few questions:

1. Is white an available color? I was told it was not. (This color was not available in 2001 model year, but was introduced in 2002)

2. What differences will there be in the 2002? Told "Nothing".

etc, etc.

I left that evening, did a bit of internet reading, and came back. I mentioned to the salesperson that the 2002s had a bit more soundproofing, different mirrors, etc. He said "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." I mentioned this was all from the offical Honda Motors site...

In other words, it was clear that they'd lie to me to sell what they had in stock as opposed to giving me accurate information that would result in my getting what I desired.

Nonetheless, I visited again a few weeks later. I attempted to order a 2002... when I had a trade evaluated, I felt the price was super, super low. In fact, I took the same trade around to a carmax a few days later and had them eval it. They named a price nearly 25% higher... and I eventually traded the vehicle at a different Acura dealship for an even higher price.

So, my recommendation: Stay away from David McDavid in Plano, My experience indicates they have no interest in what YOU want, and will attempt to take financial advantage of the uninformed.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I bought my MDX from David McDavid in Plano, but only after a lot of negotiating. I would have bought from Goodson - but they wouldn't match my deal & they are a lot farther from home. I dealt with the sales mgr there directly since I had bought 4 other acuras & hondas from McDavid. The salesman I used for the deal, Sam Harris, was very pleasant -but he also knew I had all the facts. I also bought in Oct'01 and I was going to order a white MDX - they even had them on their list then, but decided to not wait & took an '01 that was being delivered the next week.

My experience with McDavid has been hot & cold - if you know who to ask for - you'll be treated well, if you don't. it's a crap shoot. However, I have found that issue with several Acura dealerhsips.

David McDavid has an excellent service dept - I have used them since 1989 for my acuras & my son's acura - with no problems. This is the main reason I negotiated with them - great sevice dept & close to home. I also got all the accessories in my sig below except the body side mouldings & weather tech mats (which I got from Tim @ hondacura world) for free. Buying 5 cars from the same dealership does have it's advantages.

I am glad you got a good deal at Goodson - they are a very good dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
David McDavid Acura - Plano, TX

We picked up our white MDX touring w/ nav last Friday. We had shopped around with another dealer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and found David McDavid (Tom Dortsch was our sales rep) to be very fair on trade in value, extremely flexible on accessory and extended warranty pricing, and delivery was within a week of when we signed the papers and ordered the vehicle. All in all, I came away quite impressed with our experience.:) :)

Accessories include towing, engine heater (for the cold winters in the Rockies!), and side molding. We purchased the other accessories (cargo tray, cover, net) from Tim at Hondacuraworld.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts