Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 MDX with 6000 miles

What is the difference in the drive D and the drive S selection with the push button hear selection?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
2019 MDX with 6000 miles

What is the difference in the drive D and the drive S selection with the push button hear selection?

Thanks
S is called sequential and holds gears longer before shifting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It's nice when you don't want the car to downshift so quickly. Like sometimes i want to roam around just in third gear in town. Also on S it goes to 6th gear at max. Without those overdrive gears, you get a bit more torque range out of a gear. Sometimes i also use it to pass on the highway because when you're cruising in the 9th gear and need to quickly downshift a few gears, it will get you to 6th quickly.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Also forgot to mention that if you start using the paddle shifters in S (you can also use in D) it will go into manual mode, which will really hold the gear to the redline unless you shift.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Page 253 of my manual. A whole explanation of sequential mode. Absolutely nothing to do with towing that I can see. Of course I have a hybrid.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Is "S" to be used, or better for towing in town? Never towed with MDX yet.
Yeah a few members here posted that they prefer S for towing because you run into situations where the car will shift while you're trying to maintain the gear you're in. Personally, i haven't towed anything yet, but i do use S around town as well. It's pretty rough on the downshifting though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts