Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this decal on the web and really liked the Bald Eagle and the American Flagg. I actually lost a few of my clients in the towers during the disaster. I feel this in some way is paying respect to them and all the other fellow Americans we lost.
Here's the site I found it on:

http://www.over-wraps.com/html/patriot.htm

I rushed these pictures before it got to dark some are a little blurry, I'll try to get some clear ones upon my next application of zaino!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

From the inside looking out, you cannot even see the picture at all. I can see pretty well out. It is a little blurred because this decal is meant for a flat truck rear window, not an angled window light the MDX. I had to stretch a little to get the decal flat with no bubbles in it. I think that is what caused a little blur spots looking out from the inside. It is not dangerious at all I can still read a license plate thru the rear window. I was stopped already three times to ask where I purchased the decal. The people loved it and so do I !!!:2:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow -- looks really good. Great way to show your patriotism! :29:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These may be a little clear

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
How about a pic from the inside out?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I saw paul123's previous post about these decals, and was thinking about getting one. I have some questions, though - do they stick on the outside of the window or the inside? If it's on the outside, how well do they hold up to the elements, especially the sun (I'm in Florida)? Are they pretty easy to install?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AcuraMDX2002 said:
I saw paul123's previous post about these decals, and was thinking about getting one. I have some questions, though - do they stick on the outside of the window or the inside? If it's on the outside, how well do they hold up to the elements, especially the sun (I'm in Florida)? Are they pretty easy to install?
Yes they do install on the outside of window. It's just like a decal with tape like substance on back. As far as how it will hold up. I'm not sure it's only a decal with small holes in it. I don't know how long till it will fade or start to peel. I had my tinter install on my window because I didn't want to get any bubbles. They are really designed for a flat rear truck window, so I wouldn't try the install yourself unless you have tinting experience. My tinter said it was tricky to put on, he couldn't use a heat gun because it would melt. From the inside you can see out good, but a little blurred because of the stretching to avoid the bubbling. On a flat window you wouldn't have to stretch, then the view from inside would be perfectly clear. The view is still plenty good to look out, and I can't even see the design from the inside. I've got stopped numerious times again today to ask where I purchased it.:2:

I would guess at worst 6 months to a year or possibly further, I am a little concerned whether or not to use a car wash or wash by hand to extend the life. There is a clear film protector over the decal, which I assume would extend life. My small flag in past used to fade after about 6 months, but it didn't have the clear film on it to protect.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks for the info, Paul123. I would also have my tinter do the install, since I am a true klutz! I just might do this - I'll post pics if I do. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Touching Picture

I just came across this picture

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts