Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that I am being played around with by my dealership's finance department.

They have told me that the best they can do ratewise is 4.89% for 60 months, after I made clear to them that I could get 4.5% from my local credit union. I am also putting $20,000 down on the vehicle, and my credit score is well over 700. I have seen other people here getting 4.2% for 60 months through Chase and Bank of the West with 700+ credit scores, and I believe that the dealership is playing games with me. I will have to run around and transfer a bunch of our money from one bank to our credit union to get this rate, and if they are playing games with me, I'll be majorly pissed, like pissed enough that the dealership has not earned a "5" on their survey with me.

Otherwise, I have no problems with the dealership.

Does the Customer Service Survey break out the finance department from the overall dealership experience? What questions will they ask that will enable me to give proper credit to the sales department while correctly penalizing the finance department? I would prefer to not penalize the salesman and sales manager for another individual's trouble.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I would say that it is unlikely that you are being played by your delership regarding interest rates. Dealers form alliances/partnerships with various lending companies. They get a small piece of the action if they are able to set up a loan through these companies. If you come in and tell them that you have a better rate, most will try to match it so that they can get the business, including talking to the lending firms about your competitive rate. If you go with your better rate, they get nothing! It just looks like your dealership is not aligned with a company in a position to beat 4.89%.

Have you looked around for other sources ie. Internett for rates better than 4.89, if you find one it might be easier than the running around you have to do for your credit uniion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts