Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anybody had a sharp looking custom painted or hand painted pinstriped MDX. Please post your pics here;)
Want to get some idea's for my new Redrock Pearl that is soon to arrive
Thanks

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
bhaycraft said:
Hey I was wondering if anybody had a sharp looking custom painted or hand painted pinstriped MDX. Please post your pics here;)
Want to get some idea's for my new Redrock Pearl that is soon to arrive
Thanks
Yes I would like to see some posts on pin stripping, I'm considering but haven't seen anything to appealing yet!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
If you do a
for pinstripe there are a number of threads with pics and discussions.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Pictures coming in the not too distant future ...

... I hope - a digital camera is on the wish list before summer vacation.

We had our DMP hand/custom pin-stripped (three stripes) when we bought it. As TheWorm suggested do a search, there are several photos already posted.

·
Registered
928 Posts
am i color-blind?

i know it's probably just a quality of pic, but here is an interesting color for MDX (dark blue???) from last year's car&driver's comparo:

Full article...

i mean deep down i am certain the color is just a discontinued dark green (dont even remember the name of it, has anybody on this board got it?), but on picture it looks interesting

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: am i color-blind?

sgtglok said:
i know it's probably just a quality of pic, but here is an interesting color for MDX (dark blue???) from last year's car&driver's comparo:

Full article...

i mean deep down i am certain the color is just a discontinued dark green (dont even remember the name of it, has anybody on this board got it?), but on picture it looks interesting
It is is wierd with the color, my Nighhawk Black looks like blue specks in paint when the sun shines directly on it. It almost looks blue not black! In direct sunlight, outside of direct sunlight definetly black.

·
Registered
699 Posts
It is is wierd with the color, my Nighhawk Black looks like blue specks in paint when the sun shines directly on it. It almost looks blue not black! In direct sunlight, outside of direct sunlight definetly black.
There are definitely blue specks in the black, probably why they call it "Nighthawk Black Pearl." They don't show up in direct sun.

My dealer told me there was blue in the black, but it wasn't until several days after I got it home that I looked under the right conditions. It's subtle until you first notice it, after which it's much easier to see.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Pic's on Pinstriping?

TheWorm said:
If you do a
for pinstripe there are a number of threads with pics and discussions.
There wasn't anything to appealing in the search. Anyone do anyhting out of the ordinary? I would like to see something a little more creative!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the color seen in the Car&Driver comparo. The color is Emerald Green. Hence my screen name Emerald01. It is a discontinued color. I like to think of it more as a limited edition color. I love the color. And as more MDX's are made, the more rare this color appears to be. It's the same color used on the SEMA mdx seen below. In certain lighting conditions, it looks almost black.

There was a thread going on people who have this color.

I always wondered how many were painted this color. Does anybody know?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Does that look SWEET!!! Beautiful!! Like you said it looks like the Nighthawk Black Pearl which I have. I wish mine looked like that!!!

What is the SEMA MDX? Is this a special edition. It looks as if the rotors were changed to a high performance for braking. Of course I love those wheels!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
What!? :eek: Paul123 doesn't know about SEMA? :D I thought you knew everything about cars. Well SEMA stands for Specialty Equipment Market Association. They have a trade shows with Vendors of aftermarket products. Here's their website:

http://www.sema.org/

Here's more picture of some more custom colors from SEMA as well:
Found this from an old thread. "Old news for some. New news for others. "

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
just an opinion. MDX would look absolutely beatiful in EMERALD GREEN, it the paint was matte, i.e. no clearcoat zaino shine! i actually sometimes wonder why manufactures never use it

·
Registered
928 Posts
damn it, jeremy, did you have to post those SEMAs again! :( i've just gotten over those rims... now i'm (hopelessly) in love again. :D

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Emerald01 said:
What!? :eek: Paul123 doesn't know about SEMA? :D I thought you knew everything about cars. Well SEMA stands for Specialty Equipment Market Association.
No Paul123 does't know everything about cars and thanks for info. I wasn't at all famililar with that site. Thanks for the link and input! LOVE those wheels!!! Have to look into cost and where to get. Wonder what size they are?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts