Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are picks of the Packasport 90 cargo box I ordered painted from them to match my SS MDX!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic 2

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic 3

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pic 4

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic 5

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pic 6

·
Registered
928 Posts
Silver sweetness !!!

Nice cargo box !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
24Blacker11:

Does your rear deflector hit the box when the tailgate is opened?

·
681 Posts
Nice Job!

Good work, both in getting such a nice box and for doing such a great job of documentation.:D
When I got the X, I figured I would never need outside capacity with a vehicle that has inside room like a hockey rink. But, the wife has risen to the challenge :rolleyes: and each trip we come just a little closer to full cargo, so sooner or later....................

Meep Meep

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunatly the deflector does hit the box when open. If you look closely there is no other way to mount this cargo box beacuse of the "cutouts" to fit around the crossbars. The movement of the roofrack mounts "closer" in the 2002 will probably allow for better fit without "special" drilling I had to do to make the mounting hardware work.

But as you can tell I put the box on to keep the gear out of the X when we go skiing and as such we carry very little (if anything) inside the X when we go.

The liftgate can still be opened about halfway if need be. I think that if you used a Thule or Yakima box then you could mount far enough forward to avoid the interference. But it would require the box to stick out over the windshield alot and give you the "ballcap" look. Didn't want that so I live with the interference for the 3 months I use the box.

As said it's been a year with the Packasport and I still LOVE it and the X it rides on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts