Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 2007 Ridgeline that has been great but time to trade for a newer vehicle. I am looking for a 7 passenger SUV with a priority on towing. I had great luck towing my track car around with the Ridgeline and hope an Mdx is just as good.

My track car is a Honda S2000 (see a trend) and with trailer are about 4K pounds.

I am looking to purchase a gen 2 Mdx and am not sure if I want the 07-09 or 10+. I do want to be under $20k but higher mileage does not scare me.

I hope this forum can help with my search and I hope contribute anyway possible to return the favor.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Hi and welcome!

It all depends on tastes and what you need more.
The 07-09 in my Opinion looks the best but the Facelift model has the 6 Speed which will make it more Suitable for Towing (Being the extra gear an Acceleration Gear).

Both have some things to consider:
07-09 has a Radiator ATF Cooler which might fail in the Freezing States due to corrosion! This can mix A/F and ATF which will burn the transmission, Solution is to get a new radiator. HFL (Hands Free Link) can fail leading to a dead battery, Solution is to unplug it or get a new updated version.

10-13 seems to have issues with Burning Oil due to faulty Cyl Rings or Piston Sleeves, Solution is to rebuild the block which under warranty will not cost you a dime..

So pick your Poison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts