Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang . .just got back from Mammoth and captured some shots of the SS. One night we got dumped with fresh powder and here is the result early next morning. I slapped my boots on, jumped in the X, cranked up the defrost, kicked in the VTM. NICE!! VERY NICE handling and performance. It was better than I expected when I cruised around town. Luckily no one saw me in my boxers and boots!!

Check them out!

Image 1

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very cool pictures! I'll be heading up there this Wednesday.

rflagg

·
Registered
411 Posts
Excellent Pictures!

Doesn't the VTM automatically kick in if necessary?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GC...I thought the same until I read the "goodbook." I thought my VTM wasn't working and this was the only time I really had a chance to test it out.
The book says (paraphrased) to activate VTM-4, while in R or 1-2 with the foot is applied on the brakes to press the VTM-4 button to activate it. Release the foot from the brake and Voila! the light stays on and VTM kicks into gear.
I didn't really feel a difference until I got moving (staying under control and under 25 mph cruisin around town).

·
Registered
273 Posts
PolyTat said:
GC...I thought the same until I read the "goodbook." I thought my VTM wasn't working and this was the only time I really had a chance to test it out.
The book says (paraphrased) to activate VTM-4, while in R or 1-2 with the foot is applied on the brakes to press the VTM-4 button to activate it. Release the foot from the brake and Voila! the light stays on and VTM kicks into gear.
I didn't really feel a difference until I got moving (staying under control and under 25 mph cruisin around town).
The rear wheels kick in whenever there is either slippage, or acceleration. The VTM-4-Lock button basically keeps the rear wheels engaged until the vehicle goes above 18 MPH. But you also have to keep the vehicle in 1, 2 or R.

My .02 cents worth!

rflagg

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Snow Driving

We had only one bit of snow here in New York on Long Isalnd this season, and the MDX handled great no slipping at all. On acceleration it just went forward with no tire spin. Alot of the small cars with narrow tires were shocked to see how fast I was off the line. The stopping was another story, be careful because the SUV doesn't stop on a dime in snow. The anti-lock works great but stopping something this heavy is another story all together. The anti-lock vibrated alot and it did stop eventually but be careful and give yourself enough distance to stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts