Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Crashed while Parked? WTH !!!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  datechboss101 
#1 · (Edited)
True story. Had my MDX parked on a corner with plenty of room for others to drive through. Well I guess not because someone crashed into my car. I was beyond pissed and I couldn't even believe it. I checked by dashcam and realize that although the cam turns on while driving, it didn't turn on while parked. I mistakenly had it off. The activating feature on the cam when the car is bumped/hit the parked was off. I checked for other cameras on all four corners on that specific street but found nothing; couldn't find not even one. Apparently nobody had a camera or even a Ring cam. Unbelievable! Had the parked feature turned on, I would've had a clear shot of the A-hole's license plate. Luckily the headlight wasn't cracked or damaged saving me some money as they're pretty expensive.

After this unfortunate experience, the parking feature is 100% on. Folks turn on yours if it's off.

After the body work, well at least a much improved appearance.

See less See more
  • Sad
Reactions: mrgold35 and JTM
#2 · (Edited)
I had a similar situation with my 11 MDX in a Walgreens parking lot after dark. A Dodge pick-up side swiped my MDX rear driver's side fender pulling into the parking space beside the MDX. The Dodge pick-up was in/out of Walgreens before my wife finished her prescription pick-up. I didn't discover the damage until the morning at home. My Blackvue DR650 front/rear camera caught the whole thing; but, not license plate info because we only have rear plates in NM.

Decided not to add a dashcam to my 19 MDX because the southwestern heat killed my Blackvue in the 11 MDX after 3 years and several repairs.

• Sad
Reactions: Will_MDX
#3 ·
Those parking lots are notorious for those scrapes and door dings caused by those drivers. My '17 MDX side bumper was scraped by another vehicle but like you didn't realize it until later. I just don't get it - no awareness and consideration for others whatsoever.

Sucks that you didn't get the plate. How much was the damage to the '11 MDX?

#11 ·
That sucks. My Blackvue has paid for itself twice on my MDX, and now I got a new DR900 dashcam through Blackvue for free. You did park a bit too close to the stop sign imo. But nonetheless, it was a hit and run. Hope you get her fixed soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.