Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the site and in need of some help with my MDX. I have owned a few Acura’s in the past and tinkered on cars all my life so I kinda of know my way around them. I have a 02 MDX with 315.000 miles and currently has a crank no start issue. I was driving along one day and it just died. No warning or anything. The light were on in the dash as if the key was In the on position. (Which is after the car cranks) I had a guy look at it and was told it needed a crank sensor. Im not sure why he told me that because there aren’t any CEL codes. Nevertheless, I installed one and still, same thing. I have checked power at the main relay. Good there. Power at the fuel pump. Good there. My spark however worries me. I am getting flashes but not a continuous flash. I know for sure I have a weak battery. Took it to auto zone to be charged and was told it was good. I also checked the key immobilizer. The green does not flash in the dash. The ignition switch also gets power both continuous and while the key is trying to start the car. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am so lost here right now. The tach doesn’t bounce around while I’m trying to crank it so I’m assuming it’s something like a sensor of some sort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I am new to the site and in need of some help with my MDX. I have owned a few Acura’s in the past and tinkered on cars all my life so I kinda of know my way around them. I have a 02 MDX with 315.000 miles and currently has a crank no start issue. I was driving along one day and it just died. No warning or anything. The light were on in the dash as if the key was In the on position. (Which is after the car cranks) I had a guy look at it and was told it needed a crank sensor. Im not sure why he told me that because there aren’t any CEL codes. Nevertheless, I installed one and still, same thing. I have checked power at the main relay. Good there. Power at the fuel pump. Good there. My spark however worries me. I am getting flashes but not a continuous flash. I know for sure I have a weak battery. Took it to auto zone to be charged and was told it was good. I also checked the key immobilizer. The green does not flash in the dash. The ignition switch also gets power both continuous and while the key is trying to start the car. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am so lost here right now. The tach doesn’t bounce around while I’m trying to crank it so I’m assuming it’s something like a sensor of some sort.
I’m having the same problems now same exact truck, I see that you posted this a month ago. Did you ever figure out what happened?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts