Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used MDX still under factory warranty last week. On one of the key fobs one of the buttons is sort of sticky / feels "off." Do you think this is something covered under the warranty or should have been addressed foe a cpo? (Ie: should the key fob have been great condition.) Just curious if I should push in on this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought a used MDX still under factory warranty last week. On one of the key fobs one of the buttons is sort of sticky / feels "off." Do you think this is something covered under the warranty or should have been addressed foe a cpo? (Ie: should the key fob have been great condition.) Just curious if I should push in on this.

Thanks.
I have similar issue with "Driver 1" fob, chrome on the buttons pealed off but the second fob is in great condition.

If you know how to open the fob, you could try cleaning it with compressed air or spray electronic cleaner.

No harm in calling the dealership to see if they can help.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The key fob is covered under the 4yr/50,000 mile basic warranty. I replaced my 11 MDX Driver 1 key fob under the 4/50k basic warranty because of limited range and a new battery didn't help. I remember looking over the CPO warranty for my 18 RLX and it didn't include or exclude the key fob from coverage. The warranty had an Electrical and Sensors section that had a "including; but not limited to" section that rattled off electrical components (key fob wasn't listed). It might be a hit or miss getting the key fob fixed if it isn't a battery issue or normal wear/tear (like lint/dirt/water inside the fob thing).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have similar issue with "Driver 1" fob, chrome on the buttons pealed off but the second fob is in great condition.

If you know how to open the fob, you could try cleaning it with compressed air or spray electronic cleaner.

No harm in calling the dealership to see if they can help.
Thanks! On this it seems like the plastic buttons for start engine is sticky. That's not really the best word for what's going on - but it just feels off. I'll check with the dealership. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The key fob is covered under the 4yr/50,000 mile basic warranty. I replaced my 11 MDX Driver 1 key fob under the 4/50k basic warranty because of limited range and a new battery didn't help. I remember looking over the CPO warranty for my 18 RLX and it didn't include or exclude the key fob from coverage. The warranty had an Electrical and Sensors section that had a "including; but not limited to" section that rattled off electrical components (key fob wasn't listed). It might be a hit or miss getting the key fob fixed if it isn't a battery issue or normal wear/tear (like lint/dirt/water inside the fob thing).
Thanks. I'll give it a try. What's interesting here it looks like the dealership ordered the remote(s) from a third party website (I can see it on the history.) Seems a little strange but I'll reach out to them. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
660 Posts
Typical fobs have a plastic case with a silicone inlay for the buttons. Pry the fob apart, take the silicone screen off clean it, likely pocket lint, put it back together. Done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts