Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how much does it cost to install two transmission cooler lines. Yesterday, I picked my my 2007 MDX from the Acura dealership and paid in total of 626.12 dollars to replace two lines that were leaking. (Parts: 25212-RDJ-007 and 25211-RYE-016) The total of the parts were $36.48 and the labor itself was $579.80. Service department said it is because it took them 4 hours to complete the job. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
961 Posts
It is hard to say without knowing exactly where the hoses run. Some of them can be very difficult to access. If you can post up a photo of the new hoses on the car, I can give you a rough estimate of how long it may take to replace them.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
it is about right. any time you need to remove bumper to do something, it is most likely north $500 at dealership.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Like always Dealership will over estimate Labor Times.. Remove the bumper? yeah that is going to hit your wallet hard even if it takes YOU 30 minutes tops in your house to do the same job.

IMHO the replacement of those hoses should have gone to DIY or a Private Shop that had a better quote on labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts