Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy new Acura MDX 2014. I came to Moscow official dealers and when viewed 5 (!) cars found the same problem- on all the doors in the place where the glass begins, through a crack in the sealant seeped RUST! Exactly rust - and not the "red sealant" as I read on some forums. If the new car starts to rot in the cabin so - what will be after the Moscow winter? The most unpleasant - such hidden places, covered with sealant is huge amount, and they are not in sight.
Really wanted to buy MDX she liked all - size, grade, price, quality finishes ...
But im not convince myself to ride on the new machine for USD 50,000 with rust.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wanted to buy new Acura MDX 2014. I came to Moscow official dealers and when viewed 5 (!) cars found the same problem- on all the doors in the place where the glass begins, through a crack in the sealant seeped RUST! Exactly rust - and not the "red sealant" as I read on some forums. If the new car starts to rot in the cabin so - what will be after the Moscow winter? The most unpleasant - such hidden places, covered with sealant is huge amount, and they are not in sight.
Really wanted to buy MDX she liked all - size, grade, price, quality finishes ...
But im not convince myself to ride on the new machine for USD 50,000 with rust.
Would love to see a picture.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You talking about where the glass glides up and down its front or rear channel? Where does "the glass begin?"

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I wonder about the history of these vehicles. You say 'new 2014' but the current model year is 2016 so these 2014 vehicles aren't new.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I wonder about the history of these vehicles. You say 'new 2014' but the current model year is 2016 so these 2014 vehicles aren't new.
Acura chose really bad time to sell cars in Russia, they are under sanctions. People don't have money, economy going down the drain and it is only beginning. I don't think they moved their 2014 inventory and and don't think they will bring new inventory any time soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts