Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? Can I copy my favorite tapes on video to a cd that can be played on a portable player? I mean Is this even possible? If yes, what can kind of player I would need to play this. Also what is the method (Whta do I need to have ).

This was posted by a member here. I was amazed and want to find more info on the subject
There are many of these mobile DVD player that seem very similar. To differentiate, I looked for one that would play VCD/SVCD. (I want to put some of our tapes on VCD so that I can use them in the X)

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
You would need a VCR, a caputure card (ATI), or if you have a Video card with that ability you wont need a seperate one. A program to allow you to capture video( usually included with a card), then you will need to encode the video you just captured to VCD(Tmpg). After that you will need to have a Burner ( I use Plextor), then a program to burn (Nero). Once you have done those, you will need a DVD player that specifically read VCD, as well as CD-R and CD-RWs. After that you are set. :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
TONELOC said:
Is this possible? Can I copy my favorite tapes on video to a cd that can be played on a portable player? I mean Is this even possible? If yes, what can kind of player I would need to play this. Also what is the method (Whta do I need to have ).

This was posted by a member here. I was amazed and want to find more info on the subject
There are many of these mobile DVD player that seem very similar. To differentiate, I looked for one that would play VCD/SVCD. (I want to put some of our tapes on VCD so that I can use them in the X)
Or, you can buy one of the following VCD recorders. It takes any kind of input, vhs, 8mm, Hi8, DV and records it into VCD format.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvr.php

After you find the model number, do a search on www.google.com or ebay and you're set....

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Rail said:
I have a Phillips DVD recorder which I use to back up my video hard drive (UltimateTV/DirectTV)... I use DVD+RW disks and they play back on my old DVD player without a problem.

Rail
A DVD recorder is next on my wishlist. Would like to put all of my home videos onto DVD. However, I'm waiting for there to be a definitive winning format and for the price to come down a bit.

Just curious how much did the Philips cost you?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hi Rail - I have UltimateTV and have been thinking about the Philips recorder - do you send the Philips a digital signal, or do you jack in an S-Video or Composite signal? It seems like these latter options would defeat the purpose of being digital, but I don't see a digital out option on the UltimateTV unit (except for maybe those mysterious USB ports...)

I saw the Philips advertised for $999 at Circuit City this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Personally I am not buying a DVD recorder, till all the manufactures take there head out of their asses and finalize a simple damn standard like Music CD 15 years ago. Sheeesh :3:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts