Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I feel dumb for asking this but I've looked a looked for the answer first. So my car was running a little hot today so I stopped in a got some coolant. Well I didn't know where to put it because I remembered something about a reservoir tank. I didn't have my manuals in car and didn't think to use my phone. So I asked this guy and he told me to put it in the long hose with the blue ring on the left side of engine by battery. So I did. Car ran fine the way home but I'm paranoid. I can't find the name of that hose. Everything I've been reading tonight days the coolant reservoir tank is on the right side. So what did I do? Is my car gonna be ok? Please is there a solution I can do to fix whatever I did. Please help. First what is that hose. Long white tube hose type thing going down. Did I hurt my car? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've looked all over the internet and I can't find what I did.
Please help
Thank you so much

Yes I can't believe I don't know how to add coolant to my car.

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
431 Posts
Looks like you poured coolant into windshield washer tank. Why do you think your car is running hot? Do you see the temp gauge going above half mark? If yes, you may need to investigate further, it may not be due to low coolant.
You must follow right procedure to add coolant (you can find it on YouTube) else you may introduce air in the system.
BTW, you don't add coolant when the car is hot. I would not touch anything in the engine compartment until the car is completely cool.

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
431 Posts
Also, first thing you should do now is to empty the windshield washer tank buy using a suction device and fill it with correct fluid. Windshield washer fluid contaminated with coolant may damage car paint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, first thing you should do now is to empty the windshield washer tank buy using a suction device and fill it with correct fluid. Windshield washer fluid contaminated with coolant may damage car paint

Thank you. I'm glad it was the windshield wiper fluid reservoir. That's a big relief and thank you for telling me how to fix it. I guess I didn't know what tube it was because it's missing the cap. Really appreciate your help. Have a happy day.
Looks like you poured coolant into windshield washer tank. Why do you think your car is running hot? Do you see the temp gauge going above half mark? If yes, you may need to investigate further, it may not be due to low coolant.
You must follow right procedure to add coolant (you can find it on YouTube) else you may introduce air in the system.
BTW, you don't add coolant when the car is hot. I would not touch anything in the engine compartment until the car is completely cool.
Thank you. I'm very relieved it was the wiper fluid and there is a way to fix my mistake. Well my car was steaming a little and the gauge was above half way just a little. I was close to a gas station so ran in got some. I don't know jack about cars. i think though You need coolant to regulate temp in your radiator or something like that. I feel like an idiot asking some dude rather than remembering I have a phone with my best friend google. Grr .I guess it was a brain fart day. Anyways thanks again. Appreciate your response and not making a joke about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts