Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just thinking (crazy idea)
I got the Hybrid with Advance Package because there were no Hybrid SH-AWD w/Technology, I want to see if I can convert it to a bench seat.

Two issues I see are:
- Leather is different
- middle seat belt comes from roof.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Seat belt is going to be the biggest challenge, imo. You'd need the seatbelt for the middle seat, plus the headliner/trim. And if there is an electric pre-tensioner for the middle seat belt that could present some wiring issues. And it's all "safety" related.

I think this is one of those mods that isn't worth it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have read it all now...D, JD.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I just thinking (crazy idea)
I got the Hybrid with Advance Package because there were no Hybrid SH-AWD w/Technology, I want to see if I can convert it to a bench seat.

Two issues I see are:
- Leather is different
- middle seat belt comes from roof.
You said it. Crazy idea. Turn a $60,000 car into a $65,000 car and lower trade in value at the same time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You said it. Crazy idea. Turn a $60,000 car into a $65,000 car and lower trade in value at the same time.
Like I said i'm thinking about it and I need the extra seat and room in the rear. I actually wanted the Hybrid Tech only model but the dealer said it's all sold around the area for the color combination I wanted. I don't plan to trade in any time soon.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Like I said i'm thinking about it and I need the extra seat and room in the rear. I actually wanted the Hybrid Tech only model but the dealer said it's all sold around the area for the color combination I wanted. I don't plan to trade in any time soon.
I don’t know what your situation was,but you should’ve ordered one. I’m no expert,but the rear of the car would be a gut job. You may not even have the proper wiring.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If you want a rear bench THAT badly, then you'd be better off trading in on a Tech, imo. Do a factory order if you're THAT picky.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want a rear bench THAT badly, then you'd be better off trading in on a Tech, imo. Do a factory order if you're THAT picky.
Hybrid it would take 6 months to get if you lucky

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Hybrid it would take 6 months to get if you lucky
I don't think it would take that long... But for sake of argument, let's say it does... You have a MDX, already... So give your preferred dealer a $500 deposit and order the "one you want". You can "live with" the one you have for however long it takes for your order to come in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think it would take that long... But for sake of argument, let's say it does... You have a MDX, already... So give your preferred dealer a $500 deposit and order the "one you want". You can "live with" the one you have for however long it takes for your order to come in.
Why argue I don't plan to order one. You can't order any more 2018 as of May 1.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Why argue I don't plan to order one. You can't order any more 2018 as of May 1.
That's too mad they're not making any 2019 MDX, then. :rolleyes:

I guess you're just going to have to live with captains chairs.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
With all due respect,it would have made more sense to take a different color combination,then to do what you are trying to do. We wanted blue,but it wasn’t Happening. We took gray. You said the salesman said there weren’t any. Did you look yourself? Think about it. You paid $6,000 more for an advance. Now you want to pay more to turn it into a Tech.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m actually on the other end of this,
my crazy idea was to turn my 7 seats to 6 seats (2nd row captains chair), and the seatbelt problem doesn’t exist, because we’d be removing it instead of installing one!

i think the mount for the middle seat belt will still be there on your 6 seater mdx as they probably don’t run a different line for the chasis assembly just for the difference of having a middle seatbelt and not having one. it might be worth a look underneath the headliner, but the other problem would be getting a headliner that has a recess for the roof seatbelt area... it’s a one piece item from front to back. you’ll probably end up ordering the full headliner or also you might be able to cut it, and let the seat belt look like originally installed... just my thoughts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The seat belt is not the only issue. There are extrA seat rails in the rear. There is electrical for the heated seats you would be taking out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With all due respect,it would have made more sense to take a different color combination,then to do what you are trying to do. We wanted blue,but it wasn’t Happening. We took gray. You said the salesman said there weren’t any. Did you look yourself? Think about it. You paid $6,000 more for an advance. Now you want to pay more to turn it into a Tech.
Funny we wanted gray but ended up with blue.

Like I said it's a crazy idea. Change from captain chair to bench doesn't make the other features disappear.

LED fog lights
roof rails
seating to perforated Milano premium leather with contrast piping and stitching.
seats are also heated and ventilated
heated steering wheel
Surround-View Camera System

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The seat belt is not the only issue. There are extrA seat rails in the rear. There is electrical for the heated seats you would be taking out
So happen the dealer called, I ask and they said the non hybrid Advance with entertainment comes with bench seat and matching leather.

it's costly to buy the bench seat, there goes the crazy idea.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Funny we wanted gray but ended up with blue.

Like I said it's a crazy idea. Change from captain chair to bench doesn't make the other features disappear.

LED fog lights
roof rails
seating to perforated Milano premium leather with contrast piping and stitching.
seats are also heated and ventilated
heated steering wheel
Surround-View Camera System
True.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts