Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's mentioned in the owners manual (I haven't read it yet) but you can actually controll the brightness of the rear view camera. When in reverse, wait until the camera displays on the monitor, then push the "AC/Info" button. A bar will appear for you to control the brightness of the display. I stumbled on this today when I was backing up and needed more lighting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's a cool feature, I'll have to try it when the wife gets home with the X.

Thanks,

·
Registered
32 Posts
controlling brightness

Thanks! I needed that. I couldn't find anything about the tailgate camera in the owner's manual!

·
Registered
235 Posts
xenon backup bulbs?

thanks for the tip-a great feature that i didnt even consider as being available.
i noticed that the lighting thru my rear camera is pretty darn good though, maybe its at the brightest setting- i'm curious to find out.
for even more safety with better illumination, i wonder if the backup bulbs can be replaced with brighter (xenon?) bulbs?

regards,

chris

:7:

·
Registered
391 Posts
acurasandiego said:
I don't know if it's mentioned in the owners manual (I haven't read it yet) but you can actually controll the brightness of the rear view camera. When in reverse, wait until the camera displays on the monitor, then push the "AC/Info" button. A bar will appear for you to control the brightness of the display. I stumbled on this today when I was backing up and needed more lighting.
Way cool :D. Thanks for passing that on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I couldn't find anything on the rear camera in the owner's manual!

Thanks!

:2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have also noticed that the image in the rear view camera display is reversed. It is as if looking in the rear view mirror, not as if looking at a standard camera moniter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Definitely a cool feature not covered in the manual. One wonders what other nonreferenced cool features are there.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we can turn on the rear camera anytime while we're driving -- easier to figure out if you're being tailed! (Secret agent man.)

·
Registered
244 Posts
It would be good to have the rear view camera on by a switch so you can see behind the tail gaters.

The rear view gets block some while my kids watch the RES. Another reason it may help to have the ability to switch the camera on when desired...

:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
MDXor said:
It would be good to have the rear view camera on by a switch so you can see behind the tail gaters.

The rear view gets block some while my kids watch the RES. Another reason it may help to have the ability to switch the camera on when desired...

:)
I am looking for this feature, too. I wonder the Acura can upgrade the software with a switch to turn on the rear camera anytime users want.

;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool feature!! Thanks for pointing it out, as I STILL have not perused my manual past pg.38:25: However, I have noticed that when it is cold the rear-view camera picture is distorted. As in it is fuzzy and has bright lines across it. A couple of times it hasn't come up at all, or it has but then the picture disappears. Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes to the fuzzy picture, bright lines and ocasionally blank screen in very cold weather. It seems to be fine in more moderate cold.
I believe I saw a post here recently about cameras that went blank in the cold. :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
fuzzy picture, bright lines and ocasionally blank screen

Fuzzy picture, bright lines and ocasionally blank screen.

It happened to me today. The temperature was in the teens.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Might have taken another year for someone to push that button while backing up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Adjusting Rear Camera Brightness

I discovered this adjustment quite by accident. If you have the Navi system, then when you have the MDX in reverse, you can press the A/C-Info button and it will let you adjust the screen brightness.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
How to brighten your rear view camera....

I yielded nothing on the search. I know someone knows how to "brighten" the rear view camera on our X.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Re: How to brighten your rear view camera....

Fabvsix said:
...how to "brighten" the rear view camera on our X.
:
While the vehicle is in reverse, the Zoom In and Zoom Out button controls the brightness of the 05 back up display.
Please deposit 50 cents for an additional 3 tips.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts