Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 3-day weekend! But I did not plan any trips:eek: because the wife is working. So I got bored this morning and checked the weather forecast- Big Bear is expecting 1-2 inch of snow. If it stick enough for the kids to have some playtime, hmmm. All 3 main highway heading up there are now in R2 road condition. R2: Chains are required on all vehicles except four wheel drive vehicles with snow tires on all four wheels. I just bought a new set of snow tires for my wife's outlander and maybe this is a good time to test 'em. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure you'll have fun.

We just got back from a three night stay in Mammoth during the big winter storm.

Our dog probably had the most fun. He loves tunneling and rolling around in the deep snow. :)

My 2006 MDX did really well in the deep snow with some SCC snow chains on the front tires.

I was most impressed when I had to climb up the steep Motel 6 driveway during the worst of the storm.

We went from our rental cabin and checked into the Motel 6 just for the day to wait out the storm and then head home in the evening.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts