Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP,
I am able to sync my phonebook from my phone to the phonebook in the car but all of the contacts disappear from the car by themselves, usually after five minutes or so. The only way then to get them back is to toggle the off/on function of the contacts sync under the phone settings menu. Once they are back they then disappear after a few minutes on their own again. Its a 2017 advance/entertainment and an iphone

·
Registered
837 Posts
HELP,
I am able to sync my phonebook from my phone to the phonebook in the car but all of the contacts disappear from the car by themselves, usually after five minutes or so. The only way then to get them back is to toggle the off/on function of the contacts sync under the phone settings menu. Once they are back they then disappear after a few minutes on their own again. Its a 2017 advance/entertainment and an iphone
Try syncing just favorites.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Iphone 6 user here - same issue.. noticed it after the update i think IOS made.... The contacts phonebook in MDX 2014 will show only "My Number" or one more contact... Text/Email has never worked for me

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Ok,I tested it. iPhone 7. iOS 11.0.2. I sat in my car for 9 minutes. Phone book was there. However,during the import process,I received an error message. GHI was missing. Other random numbers seemed to missing. I never noticed it before. But I never looked.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Sigh I never know what's going to happen after each iOS update. I switched back to an Android work phone partly because of this... In the past I've had to attempt to pair, if it didn't load it all, I erased the phone, re-paired, and repeated. I didn't try iOS 11 but it sounds like this may just not work correctly anymore?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Also neoshi - please do not think android fares better.. try with android nougat! everything is tossed up.. no display of songs or albums! just playback!!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Also neoshi - please do not think android fares better.. try with android nougat! everything is tossed up.. no display of songs or albums! just playback!!
Hmm not sure what was wrong with your phone, but my nougat devices (HTC M8 and Samsung S6) were fine with those things before I went to Oreo (and still works on the Pixel running Oreo). What apps were you using? I mostly use Pandora and Spotify.

iOS 11 has just been a mess for bluetooth. It's not just the cars that don't work correctly with it now, but also so many other BT accessories. I've not been a stranger to the BT problems throughout my use of iPhones, but 11 took the cake (my workers are all bugging me about these problems now ugh).

·
Registered
69 Posts
i was using an ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe and the android music app "play music" that is standard with all android phones to play my songs stored on the device... album name, song name, tag info will not show up... doesn't work the way it has to..

also, the phonebook - names and numbers will not show up... i will try testing with a samsung phone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts