Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While playing with my new used 2012 the other day, I listed the phones paired to the HandsFree phone on the vehicle. Two phones were read off in a male’s voice as “Lisa’s Phone.” I deleted them both. Then I got to the phone directory. There were two entries from the previous owner. Scott and Karen. I’m assuming (just a suspicion, really) that Scott was the male voice that programed “Lisa’s Phone.”

I contemplated sending Scott a text message, apologizing for bothering him, and inquiring as to whether he knows a Lisa who recently sold a 2012 Acura MDX and seeing if he knew why. I could also tell him how I got his number.

I figure that I don’t have anything to lose and if anyone were to get in trouble got bothering anyone, it should be the dealer (for not clearing that info). Right?

Suppose they tell me they got rid of the vehicle because it was in a flood or something… ya know?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ehhhh I probably wouldn't bother unless I knew the number for the previous owner. Not the friend of a friend thing. And then only BEFORE I bought the car! Too late now...you may not want to know what the things been through.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I deleted all previous contact info, paired phone, and Hard drive music. I figured it is like knowing who used your fork/Knife/spoon last in a restaurant.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You would be more in trouble for violating ther personal rights by calling them then dealership.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Don't bother the previous owners. Delete and move on.

My mdx still have the previous owner's wife and mom numbers. I can't call or delete them because it is protected by a pin. I didn't want to go to the dealer...they will probably charge $120 for clearing the memory.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The previous owner's name and street address is on the title, which the dealer included in my purchase packet.
That doesn't mean that I have any right to visit them...now that would be crazy.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I understand the temptation but agree with the others. If the car was in a bad accident or was in a flood the old owner surely will not own up to it and likely will not be pleased with being contacted in the first place.

Enjoy the MDX and if there are concerns like that have a mechanic check it out.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Don't bother the previous owners. Delete and move on.

My mdx still have the previous owner's wife and mom numbers. I can't call or delete them because it is protected by a pin. I didn't want to go to the dealer...they will probably charge $120 for clearing the memory.
Don't know if you have a 07-09 or +10. In the +10, you can use bluetooth and on screen prompts to reload/stream phone book info back in about a minute (no stupid voice commands like in my RDX and TSX). I don't know if you can do this in the 07-09 MDX. It might not be worth the trouble if it takes too long to reload the data.:headshake

2011 MDX owner's Manual pg 376 Link: Owner's Manuals | 2011 Acura MDX | Acura Owners Site

NOTE: Once a passcode is set, you will need to enter it to use HFL each time you start the vehicle. If you forget the code, your dealer will have to reset it for you, or you will have to clear the entire system. (see pg 377)

2011 MDX owner's Manual pg 377

To clear the system:
This operation clears the passcodes, paired phones, and all names in the HFL phonebook data.

Press and release the HFL Talk button before a command.
1. Say ‘‘System setup.’’
2. Say ‘‘Clear’’ after the prompts.
3. Follow the HFL prompts to continue to complete the clearing procedure.

You can also clear the system when you have forgotten the passcode and cannot access HFL. When HFL asks you for the passcode, say ‘‘System clear.’’ Paired phones, all names in the HFL phonebook data will be lost.

2007 MDX owner's Manual pg 300 Link: Owner's Manuals | 2007 Acura MDX | Acura Owners Site

Clearing the System
This operation clears the HFL of your passcode, your paired phones, all names in the HFL phonebook, and all imported phonebooks.

Clearing is recommended before you sell your vehicle.

1. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘System.’’ The HFL response is, ‘‘System options are setup and clear.’’ Press and release the Talk button.

2. After the beep, say ‘‘Clear.’’ The HFL response is, ‘‘This process will clear all paired phones, clear all entries in the phonebook, and clear the passcode. Is this what you would like to do?’’

3. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Yes.’’ The HFL response is ‘‘Preparing to clear all paired phones, all phonebook entries, and the passcode. This may take up to 2 minutes to complete.’’ Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘OK’’ to proceed, or say ‘‘Go back’’ or ‘‘Cancel.’’

4. If you said ‘‘OK,’’ after a short period of time, the HFL response is, ‘‘System has been cleared. Returning to the main menu.’’

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I was able to clear everything when I purchased my MDX used last year. I used the on-screen prompts (no voice commands needed). I guess the 07-09 are a little different? that sucks...

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the '11 model. I've tried on-screen too. Always prompted for pincode. I've just updated the nav map a couple months ago, maybe I should try again -- if it has anything to do with nav system.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I really can't remember if my MDX had a PIN or not from the previous owner? I just went straight into reset features and it didn't ask about a PIN.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts