Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if it is worth buying a 07-08 mdx with high mileage (~200,000 km). I know that honda and acura has a great reliability but wouldn't it give any headache when I buy an old car with high kms when the car comes with a lot of electronics? It should all depend on the previous maintenance but assuming that the car has been taken care of, will it be okay buy one? any advice or experience?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if it is worth buying a 07-08 mdx with high mileage (~200,000 km). I know that honda and acura has a great reliability but wouldn't it give any headache when I buy an old car with high kms when the car comes with a lot of electronics? It should all depend on the previous maintenance but assuming that the car has been taken care of, will it be okay buy one? any advice or experience?

NO!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
124,000 miles (200,000km) is BARELY broken in...
But its also the amount of miles a lot of high cost maintenance likes, Specially the timing belt 105K procedure.

Get service records! if the timing belt hasn´t been done? add another 1.5K to your budget.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
124,000 miles (200,000km) is BARELY broken in...
But its also the amount of miles a lot of high cost maintenance likes, Specially the timing belt 105K procedure.

Get service records! if the timing belt hasn´t been done? add another 1.5K to your budget.
Agreed. If taken care of, these vehicles will last a long time... However, I'd be concerned that the person selling the vehicle is avoiding maintenance. If they can't prove that the major services have been performed, then I would deduct those costs from my offer.

Timing belt + water pump + tensioner
Valve adjustment
Spark plugs
Transmission fluid
Differential fluid

·
Registered
268 Posts
I?m just gonna chime in here because I have an 07 with 200kms, and I can tell you the only problem I have right now it tire related. And my trans is doing some funky things, but?s it?s been a while since it?s done anything

The leather has held up well, albeit the center console needs help... other than that, mine has been great since 110kms!

I would say $9k cdn max is what I?d pay for this car today. But I still love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts