Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a used vehicle for commuting that is reliable and has 4wd. I saw an MDX on craigslist for sale by owner. It's a 2006 with 126000 miles. I know they don't have the best gas mileage but I can afford the loss there. My main concern is purchasing a reliable vehicle that will last until I finish college in 2 years and that can handle winter driving conditions.

I'm going to meet the owner today. I know it's over price but here is the vehicle.

boise(dot)craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-acura-mdx/6247711085(dot)html

Sorry this was the only way around the spam filter.

Are there any common problems with the MDX I should be aware of? I did some quick searches on Google and found a thread stating there are transmission problems and another asking if it's possible to purchase a reliable first generation MDX. What do you guys think?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks we looked at it today and the oil was leaking and two of the tires are worn due to not being rotated properly. We will likely not go with this one but we're waiting back on the seller to contact us after taking it to the mechanic to look at the oil leak.

What do you think of the 2007 Acura RDX 5-Spd AT? Is it better to stay away from this model because of the turbo?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.