Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 MDX Advance Fwd with an odd issue. My wife's newer iPod works fine (lightning connector) but my older iPod with 30 pin connector suddenly quit connecting. It worked for the first 2 months we owned the MDX & now it doesn't. It shows as connected then delivers error message & keeps switching between showing songs, then showing error. I have tried 2 different cables - both are from Apple, not after market. My iPod works fine with my iMac, so the iPod & cable are good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Have you tried changing the 30 pin to lightning adaptor?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 2017 MDX Advance Fwd with an odd issue. My wife's newer iPod works fine (lightning connector) but my older iPod with 30 pin connector suddenly quit connecting. It worked for the first 2 months we owned the MDX & now it doesn't. It shows as connected then delivers error message & keeps switching between showing songs, then showing error. I have tried 2 different cables - both are from Apple, not after market. My iPod works fine with my iMac, so the iPod & cable are good. Any ideas?
i think its time to get a new ipad

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think I need a new iPod

Have you tried changing the 30 pin to lightning adaptor?
There isn't an adaptor to do that. I would need a new 30 pin receiver in the iPod.

metlife - I think you're right!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
There isn't an adaptor to do that. I would need a new 30 pin receiver in the iPod.

metlife - I think you're right!
Since it plugs in via USB, the lightning or 30 pin is irrelevant. Try resetting the iPod. Otherwise it may be time to move on with it. I only have a 14 but the USB interface has always been tricky.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since it plugs in via USB, the lightning or 30 pin is irrelevant. Try resetting the iPod. Otherwise it may be time to move on with it. I only have a 14 but the USB interface has always been tricky.
Thank you for that suggestion. Great idea. My iPod works great with a PC & iMac but not the MDX, so maybe a reset will do the trick. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I thought there may be an issue with the MDX, but now can see it's my iPod.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using my 2nd gen ipod with 30pin connector and working on my 15.
It worked on my 14 MDX & my 17 MDX. Just stopped recently, but still works on my PC & iMac. I'm going to try to reset the iPod & if it doesn't work, then get a new iPod.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just did the reset & it works now!! Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts