·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Didn't they just bury him?

·
Registered
410 Posts
CONFIRMED: Asia Times article is FAKE

The only thing FAKE about this tragedy is the article in the Asia Times.

Nicholas Berg's body underwent an autopsy and the cause of death was determined. He was alive until those cowardly sub-humans beheaded him.

This “article” (I use that word loosely since it’s really propaganda) mentions two sources. First is "Dr John Simpson, executive director for surgical affairs at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons". If you contact the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (http://www.racs.edu.au) you will find out that they do have a John Simpson that is the director of a department in their organization, but he is "Mr. John Simpson" and not "Dr. John Simpson". Apparently not a physician. His opinion is that of an office administrator.

The second source the article lists is “Jon Nordby, PhD and (sic) fellow of the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators”. A PhD can certainly call himself "doctor" and use the title, but again not a physician (M.D., PhD). I contacted the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators which is a department of the St. Louis University School of Medicine and asked who/what he was. Here's the response from Julie Howe, Executive Director, American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators: "Dr. Nordby is not on the ABMDI staff but is a Diplomate with our organization." and "Dr. Nordby's statement is his opinion and does not reflect the ABMDI". The guy is using an honorary position to give himself credibility. Pretty scummy.

So we see that the article presents the opinion of two lay persons and tries to deceive you into thinking they are physicians.

The Asia Times article is just another example of an attempt to dilute the truth so as to make a despicable, inhumane act seem acceptable. The fact is that those sub-human monsters beheaded Berg in cold blood... and supposedly in the name of religion. The Asia Times can write that this didn't happen, we never went to the moon, Lyndon Johnson killed JFK, or anything else they want to write, but the facts remain.

I put Ritt Goldstein and the Asia Times in the same category as the National Enquirer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
an innocent life lost... there is no fake about that...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did anyone apologize, like UBL, for this killing. If they did I missed it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
xfactor said:

Nope... makes sense though. Why would a person or group apologize for what it considers ok to do?
Good point. I wouldn't hold my breath. But, I don't apologize for wanting the murderers dead, either!

·
Registered
81 Posts
This “article” (I use that word loosely since it’s really propaganda) mentions two sources. First is "Dr John Simpson, executive director for surgical affairs at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons". If you contact the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (http://www.racs.edu.au) you will find out that they do have a John Simpson that is the director of a department in their organization, but he is "Mr. John Simpson" and not "Dr. John Simpson". Apparently not a physician. His opinion is that of an office administrator.
First, I want to agree that the article is inaccurate and likely propaganda.

However, responding to the the matter of John Simpson, it is British culture to refer to British surgeons with the title of Mr instead of Dr. I don't know if John Simpson is actually a surgeon but if he is, it would not be out of the ordinary to refer to him as Mr John Simpson.

The second source the article lists is “Jon Nordby, PhD and (sic) fellow of the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators”. A PhD can certainly call himself "doctor" and use the title, but again not a physician (M.D., PhD). I contacted the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators which is a department of the St. Louis University School of Medicine and asked who/what he was. Here's the response from Julie Howe, Executive Director, American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators: "Dr. Nordby is not on the ABMDI staff but is a Diplomate with our organization." and "Dr. Nordby's statement is his opinion and does not reflect the ABMDI". The guy is using an honorary position to give himself credibility. Pretty scummy.
As for Jon Nordby, PhD...assuming that his fellowship at the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators is true, it is not an honorary position. To be a fellow is equivalent to a certification from an organization. What that certification process entails...I do not know for this particular organization.

Again, not defending the article...probably a bunch of quack science and propaganda...just commenting on the titles and credentials listed in the article.

·
Registered
410 Posts
fatherlu said: "However, responding to the the matter of John Simpson, it is British culture to refer to British surgeons with the title of Mr instead of Dr. I don't know if John Simpson is actually a surgeon but if he is, it would not be out of the ordinary to refer to him as Mr John Simpson."

If you read the web site referenced you will find that many do use the "Dr.", but John Simpson is listed as "Mr.". Given the fact that they do list those differences one would assume them to be correct.

fatherlu said: "As for Jon Nordby, PhD...assuming that his fellowship at the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators is true, it is not an honorary position."

The article called Nordby a "fellow", but the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators denied that releationship. You may feel free to contact Julie Howe at ABMDI to verify for yourself that he holds the honorary position of Diplomate. She specifically informed me that Nordby is not a memeber of the ABMDI staff.

The fact remains that whatever these two people actually are, they are not what the article represented. Then again it seems that nothing the article represented can be verified as truthful.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The below was taken from the specialty web site of the Royal Austrialian College of Surgeons (http://www.racs.edu.au/cgi-bin/a_z.cgi). You will notice that most of the surgeons are listed as Mr so and so, then FRACS...which means Fellow, Royal Austrialian College of Surgeons. They are physicians and surgeons, but most of them (British based) use the title of Mr instead of Dr. My point is that if a British or Austrialian surgeon is listed with a Mr instead of Dr, it is usually not a mistake. The ones that uses Dr as a title in this "British" type culture are usually not surgeons. Your ordinary physician will use Dr but the surgeons will culturally use Mr.

Again, not to defend John Simpson's ascribed views by the Asian Times, but he may actually be a surgeon/physician, even though he uses the title of Mr.

Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery

The Australasian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons
C/- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Spring Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +61 3 9276 7414
Fax: + 61 3 9249 1240
President : Mr Peter Skillington FRACS

Website : Australasian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons

Colorectal Surgery

Colorectal Surgical Society of Australasia
PO Box 5039
Greenwich NSW 2065
Phone: +61 2 9437 1537
Fax: +61 2 9437 1537
President : A/Prof Michael Solomon FRACS

New Zealand Society of Gastroenterology
Department of Medicine
University of Otago Medical School
PO Box 913
Dunedin,
NEW ZEALAND
President : Dr Martin Schlup

General Surgery

General Surgeons Australia
Spring Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +61 3 9249 1246
Fax: +61 3 9249 1219,
President : Mr Peter Malycha FRACS
Email GSA
Email enquiries from overseas trained doctors

New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
PO Box 7451
Wellington South
NEW ZEALAND
Phone: + 64 4 385 8247
Fax: + 64 5 385 8873
President : Mr Mike Sexton FRACS

Neurosurgery

Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
Spring Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +61 3 9249 1294
Fax: + 61 3 9249 1240
President : Mr Glen McCulloch FRACS
Email NSA

Ophthalmology

Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
94 - 98 Chalmers St
Surry Hills, 2010
Phone: +61 2 9690 1001
Fax: +61 2 9690 1321
Email
President : Dr Peter Henderson, FRANZCO

Website : Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists

Orthopaedic Surgery

Australian Orthopaedic Association
Level 12, Culwalla Chambers
67 Castlereagh St
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 2 9233 3018
Fax: +61 2 9211 8301
Email
President : Mr Kaylev Wilding FRACS

New Zealand Orthopaedic Association
PO Box 7451
Wellington South
NEW ZEALAND
Phone: + 64 4 385 8247
Fax: + 64 4 385 8873
Email
President : Mr Barry Tietjiens FRACS

Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery

Australian Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
26-28 Gibbs Street
68 Alfred Street
Miranda NSW 2228
Phone: + 61 2 9525 9212
Fax: +61 2 9525 5104
Email
President : Mr Bob Payten FRACS

New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Department of Otolaryngology
Middlemore Hospital
Private Bag 93311
Otahuhu Auckland
NEW ZEALAND
Phone: + 64 6 347 2768
Fax: + 64 6 347 2768
President : Prof Randall Morton

Paediatric Surgery

The Australasian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Spring Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +61 3 9249 1283
Fax +61 3 9249 1219
Email
President : Mr Keith Stokes FRACS

AAPS Website : AAPS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
Level 3 Level 5
69 Christie Street St Leonards NSW 2065
Phone: 1300 367 446
Fax: +61 2 9437 9210
Email
President : Dr Alf Lewis FRACS

New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons (NZAPS)
26 Bracken Avenue
Takapuna
NEW ZEALAND
Phone: + 64 9 489 8374
Fax: + 64 9 486 4369
President : Mr John De Geus FRACS

Rural Surgery

Divisional Group of Rural Surgery
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Spring Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +61 3 9276 7407
Fax +61 3 9249 1240
Email
President : Mr A G Green FRACS

Urology

The Urological Society of Australasia
Suite 512 Eastpoint Towers
180 Ocean Street
Edgecliff NSW 2027
Phone: +61 2 9362 8644
Fax: +61 2 9362 1433
Email
President : Mr Ross Snow FRACS

Vascular Surgery

Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery
55 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy VIC 3065
Phone: +61 3 9419 8766
Fax: +61 3 9419 8143
Email
President : Mr John Gurry FRACS

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to Australia for the incorrect spelling of Austrialia.

Also, the FRACS should also be corrected to stand for Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have any of you seen the video? I have. It's most definitely fake, it's laughable.

And besides, I'll believe an AsiaTimes website's mentioning of Dr. this and Dr. that over the CIA's claims that "it was definitely Musab Al-Zarqawi that was one of the masked men that did the beheading!" LOL that is just a sad, sad thing to come out of such a respectable organization.

*SIGH* I wonder why I bother watching the news sometimes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts