Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have searched through the site and have not found any posts regarding this issue.

I just took delivery of my '02 GG last week (will post pictures very soon..thanks for patience) and notice that condensation forms on the rear control unit (in front of second row seat). The condensation is pretty heavy. Granted I live in N. Florida and it has been humid since last week.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any info is appreciated.

Also, per all the posts on Zaino, I have just sent a check off for the polish, spray, bottled leather, and tire shine. Can't wait.

I also ordered a cargo net form HondaAcuraworld for next day delivery.
:D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
No, I've not seen that

We live outside of humid Houston and that is not a problem, I recommend having it looked at.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
CHECK THE DRAIN HOSE

MOSTLY ALL COOLING UNITS HAVE A DRAIN HOSE, HAVE THE DEALER CHECK OUT TO SEE IF MAYBE BLOCKED OR AN ERROR FROM FACTORY WHEN THEY ASSEMBLED THE DRAINS AND IT IS NOT GOING TO PROPER AREA. USUALLY DRAIN UNDER CAR. IT SHOULDN'T BE A MAJOR PROBLEM. SPEAK WITH A SERVICE MANAGER AT ACURA. I'VE ACTUALLY NEVER HEARD OF IT.

·
Registered
285 Posts
OceanSun said:
notice that condensation forms on the rear control unit (in front of second row seat)
we might have similar problems... in my situation, my center console area heated up badly.... kind of annoying in texas, especially in summer time...

i had the 'rear a/c manual control' turned on most of the time, which Paul123 suggested might be the reason... do you have yours turned on also?

i'm gonna have the dealer service dept take a look this weekend...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts