Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ordered my "03 X(03/07/03) Silver Touring package. However,on my way home I change my mind and called my sales agent that I wanted to include a Navigation,he told me "not to worry
I already put in the order, we don't have to change the order form"
How true is this? I am afraid when the delivery day comes, he will
say "oh sorry you ordered without a navi...."

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
LFrial said:
Recently ordered my "03 X(03/07/03) Silver Touring package. However,on my way home I change my mind and called my sales agent that I wanted to include a Navigation,he told me "not to worry
I would get something from him in writing, otherwise you have no recourse. Plus, if your salesman takes another job before you take delivery, who is going to remember your conversation? Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree with hammermdx in getting something in writing from the dealership. Please note that some dealers pre-order their inventories few months ahead. The TOURNAVI is a popular model (especially, Silver) and they probably have few ordered already.

When I picked up my MDX in Feb, my dealer has 2 Silver TOURRES & 1 Silver TOURNAVI on the lot.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey LF, why didn't you contact the dealer for something in writing. OMG, asking people in this room questions like that is just setting yourself up for failure. We (the room and its members) have no idea what conversation you had with the dealer or your relationship with him or his relationship with the dealership. As stated, if this guy "pops smoke" and starts working for the Lexus dealership next month you are hosed. Get changes in writing from the person you made the changes with. I would think that if you are spending 40K on something you want it to be exactly as you ordered/purchased.

Of course, I can not tell you what to do, however, if it were me I would have "paper in hand"

That is my 2 cents worth on 40K but then again, what do I know?:8:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I'd never trust a car salesman. . . get it in writing.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
laborlitigator said:
and that's from a lawyer :2:

·
Registered
415 Posts
When I pre-order my MDX, I had to signed a contract listing the price, color, option, accessories and ETA of the car. Better check with yours salesman.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LFrial said:

Thank You all for your advice! I went back to dealer this am and
demanded new order form,well he did,but too arrogant! why do they
have to act like this? I am buying a $41,000 SUV here...hello be nice
to me pls.What an attitude! I feel like getting my $500 back!

·
Registered
73 Posts
LFrial:
I am very frustrated with my MDX salesman. I'll post my stroy after I get my car. His attitude totally changes after the deposit. Unfortunately, I found that out after waiting for 1 month. If I were you, I'll start looking for another dealership. Since you have only waited for 10 days and your dealer already gave you his attitudes.
But this is just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Elli

PS: I do have the same question: Why do they need to do business in this way?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
elli said:
LFrial:
I am very frustrated with my MDX salesman. I'll post my stroy after I get my car. His attitude totally changes after the deposit. Unfortunately, I found that out after waiting for 1 month. If I were you, I'll start looking for another dealership. Since you have only waited for 10 days and your dealer already gave you his attitudes.
But this is just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Elli

PS: I do have the same question: Why do they need to do business in this way?
The 'WHY' is a big question. But we have had reports on here of vehciles being sold out from under customers who had been waiting for there car to ccme in. So anything is possible. Think of anything that can go wrong, and try to cover yourself as best you can by having everything clearly written out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
laborlitigator said:
and....even if i was to trust a salesman.....they can change jobs, which is just what happened with my salesman, after i was made some promises which weren't in writing, and ended up being reneged on. While it was small stuff, regarding a couple of cheap throw in items, i'd get everything in writing!:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts