Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
You know that running the AC on makes the engine run hotter NOT cooler right? BK44 cleans the deposits.
True. I have OBDII and monitor the coolant temperature and I noticed that as long I have AC ON the radiator fans turned on periodically and the coolant temperature stayed around 178-185 F. When I had the AC off the radiator fan turned on when the coolant temperature reached around 208-212 F and it fluctuated between 190-205. So the engine is running hotter because the radiator fans don’t turn on until the coolant temperature reaches above 210 F (when the AC off).

So basically the radiator fans turned on before the engine and condenser are getting too hot when the AC is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
There is no need to remove manifold, just manifold butterfly module plate..
I will repeat my self, I don't think this is necessary procedure for 10+ models.
If the whole intake manifold is cleaner in those versions, you are 100% correct. In 2008 and 2009 that I have opened, the intake manifold can get very contaminated inside.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
There is no need to remove manifold, just manifold butterfly module plate..
I will repeat my self, I don't think this is necessary procedure for 10+ models.
You mean the manifold cover with 10-12 tiny screws? That is very simple things to do.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
These small 6 holes are enter points for exhaust gases. The bigger hole in the bottom left corner is a master exhaust gas feed gate :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Remove the plate in the yellow circle and that is the passage to the ERG valve.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Like i said, it is all clean no need to clean.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
DZ,

I think BG109 removed some black coating on this piece. I used BG109 twice to flush out the engine oil a while back. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yes, BG 109 can lift paint off, Not sure this is a case. Tube on my car looks the same. But I ran BG 211 when i did my EGR cleaning and that stuff is much stronger than BG 109 in paint lifting regard

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
DZ,
So after two bottles of BG44K I replaced all 6 spark plugs with new ones. And I had a chance to take a few photos of the top piston. So tell me does this look like the BG44K removed the carbon? Notice the pattern of the cleaned area which I am assuming where the fuel and BG44K mixtures directly hit in the direction of fuel injector.

Overall the BG44K did a better job cleaning the top pistons than the MOPAR CCC. And best of all don’t have any more engine pings.

I will probably add a third bottle BG44K.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You are not listening. I told you, you don't have to add it every tank. Results will not improve, you are wasting good product..
I suggested you 44k platinum because it is best carbon removal product available in the market that comes in can/bottle form. Adding every fill up will will not increase cleaned area.
If you would check my thread on carbon removal, the first post about BG 44k cleaning power.
Also, I think you messed my suggested soaking procedure. You are all over the place,keep listening other people who don't have any experience in this kind job, or just forum trolls giving fake information, reposting other fake information form other forum members.
Also keep your old spark plugs if you will ever want to do any soak procedure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
You are not listening. I told you, you don't have to add it every tank. Results will not improve, you are wasting good product..
I suggested you 44k platinum because it is best carbon removal product available in the market that comes in can/bottle form. Adding every fill up will will not increase cleaned area.
If you would check my thread on carbon removal, the first post about BG 44k cleaning power.
Also, I think you messed my suggested soaking procedure. You are all over the place,keep listening other people who don't have any experience in this kind job, or just forum trolls giving fake information, reposting other fake information form other forum members.
Also keep your old spark plugs if you will ever want to do any soak procedure.
I saw your top pistons cleaned with BG44K, looks like mine, doesn’t clean the whole area.
The soaking procedures with MOPAR you mean?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I saw your top pistons cleaned with BG44K, looks like mine, doesn’t clean the whole area.
The soaking procedures with MOPAR you mean?

There are other ways, you were given information in your last thread.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
Soaking these old spark plugs in BG44K platinum overnight and see what happens.

Does this chemical require high heat for a chemical reaction in order to work?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 · (Edited)
Dz,

I went through 2 tank full of gas without BG44K and the pings are back but not as loud like before. However, as long I have AC/HEAT on there is no pings and I know why because when the AC/HEAT on the radiator/engine fans are on very frequently to keep the engine running cool.

So this is my theory. We know I have carbon deposits buildup issue on the pistons and this increases compression. And when the engine is getting hot everything is expanded therefore the cylinder compression is getting higher which causes the engine knocking or pings.

Not sure if I want to run a few more bottles of BG44K.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
LOL man, how many times I told you do not waste 44k. You will not see any benefit if you will keep adding every tank. Ping must happened due to excessive heat.
My suggestion for you is to add a bottle of Red Line 80204 in to radiator. This will lower engine temps and hopefully will help with heat soak, since you must be idling alot.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts